• The KillerFrogs

Chattanooga Times Free Press: Too bad BCS's future isn't on our ballots

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Chattanooga Times Free Press: Too bad BCS's future isn't on our ballots

By Mark Wiedmer / Chattanooga Times Free Press, Tenn.

Maybe the BCS will eventually fall perfectly into place. It's a long season. Oregon, currently No. 1 in the BCS standings, and No. 2 Auburn may well lose between now and Dec. 5, when all this becomes unfixable. So, too, Texas Christian and Boise State, though they're running out of potholes.

Call me a sicko, but I hope it doesn't work out. I hope Oregon and Alabama -- which has already lost at South Carolina -- meet in the BCS title game in January. I hope Boise State and TCU are still unbeaten at that point and file a lawsuit that President Obama orders heard before the national championship game can take place on Jan. 10, 2011, in Glendale, Ariz.

Having likely been crushed in the mid-term elections, Obama will be more sensitive than ever to any and every potential voter. Overthrowing the current BCS format in favor of Obama's preferred playoff system would no doubt soothe the savage beast in a few Red State voters.

As soon as the good citizens of the Deep South and wild West hear that Obama has convinced the courts to strike down the BCS in favor of an immediate playoff, they may even ask to recall Tuesday's vote. ...