• The KillerFrogs

Chat with CDC

Somebody should ask him about his promise to Reggie Brown that he would be retained in the new administration. He was the key to recruiting the 2013 kids in the metroplex.

TCUdirtbag

No brick wall (safety issue...must pad wall)
"Cushion" available for purchase in non-bench backs
No ribbon boards (agree this is a waste of $, and easy to add later)
22+k season tix sold as of last Friday (includes suite/club, doesn't include student/visitor, not sure if it includes Athletics' allotment)
DMC planning ongoing
New sports being evaluated, decision in "near future"
Blew off the whining on 400 tix for sale on stubhub
On track for 30k tix

It's Wednesday, so I'd expect a notes on a scorecard update this evening or tomorrow.

leofrog

Somebody should ask him about his promise to Reggie Brown that he would be retained in the new administration. He was the key to recruiting the 2013 kids in the metroplex.
If you hire a new coach, and they are totally responsible for the program, then that person should make the decision who is on their staff. I would have liked to have kept Brown, but I think it is the right call for Coach Johnson to have the final word.

SuperToad

Pretty much any news about the stadium, that didnt have to do with season tickets, was all bad news.

1. Frog Horn will now be some random horn going off in the distance
2. No brick wall because of "safety". (I had no idea 3 inches of brick would be more lethal to players than a plain concrete wall)
3. No LED banner on either side (CDC said the money is going to "something else")

Im pretty pissed off right now. Ever since the first renderings came out, they have kept cutting down on things in the stadium. Im sure the stadium will be awesome, but it'll never be what everyone was expecting it to be.

RIP Frog Horn.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Pretty much any news about the stadium, that didnt have to do with season tickets, was all bad news.

2. No brick wall because of "safety". (I had no idea 3 inches of brick would be more lethal to players than a plain concrete wall)
3. No LED banner on either side (CDC said the money is going to "something else")

Im pretty pissed off right now. Ever since the first renderings came out, they have kept cutting down on things in the stadium. Im sure the stadium will be awesome, but it'll never be what everyone was expecting it to be.

RIP Frog Horn.

I suggest decaf.

TronCarter

RIP Frog Horn.

They moved the FrogHorn about 45-50 yards to the diagonal right. Don't blow that out of proportion. It's still there. The other stuff is aesthetically nice, but not a deal breaker.

Also, Maniac, how many questions have you been able to ask on these chats?

michaelperrytcu

I don't understand that one either, but you could be a case study on the effect expectations can have on overall satisfaction. If you saw the finished stadium without ever having seen a blueprint or rendering, I guarantee it would blow away any expectations you could have had for TCU building a new stadium.

That thing is beautiful man, enjoy it!

Kaiser

So can we request away game tickets yet? I was on gofrogs.com yesterday & didn't see anything. I'm still a few days away from being able to renew my season tix fwiw

SnoSki

Sounds good. Love CDC and think he does a great job.

Anyone already purchased the seat cushions or know about how much they've run in the past? Wish I had the money to splurge on the video ribbon. I was looking forward to that element very early on. Obviously not a huge deal though.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Look, it's quite simple: Why should they pay out some godawful amount of cash to brick the walls around the field when they will be covered over by padded walls?

Perhaps if we got some TCU Brick colored padding?

cdsfrog

So can we request away game tickets yet? I was on gofrogs.com yesterday & didn't see anything. I'm still a few days away from being able to renew my season tix fwiw

you get to request away tickets when you select. Thats how they do it based on priority rankings. If you want to go to any game the secondary market is a better choice for tickets. I am willing to help anyone get tickets that I can if they can't get them from TCU. I am going to every road game except Kansas and obviously would still help with this game too.

Also I predicted 22k after Friday a week ago. I was damn close :biggrin: