• The KillerFrogs

Chancellor Boschini

Dogfrog

I heard CDC mention the other night that the Chancellor is now one of 12 members of a Presidents' Oversight Committee for the BCS. I'm guessing this position has no real policy making authority? Does TCU have an official position regarding the BCS? Would he use this position to shmooze them or would he speak out and promote change? I'm guessing the former?

joejordan

Conventional wisdom to the contrary, TCU and all other FBS schools (AQ and non AQ) are members of the BCS. The representative bodies and individuals voted FOR the current system, multiple times.

Now, that smokescreen is pretty thin - but look at the 'progress' thats been made over the last 5 years. Big money tried to build a wall, and realized there were tunnels, so they opened a few gates.

Having Big Bosch in the meetings won't hurt, but don't expect yardage in large chunks.

Unless Armegeddon does, indeed, occur.

Nick Danger

I think that's the President Committee that will vote on whether or not to grant the MWC a waiver or not for AQ status, so if he's still on the committee in two years, and if he doesn't have to recuse himself, and if we're still in the MWC then, we should get some benefit out of it.

UnderToad

BCS Governance here
Twelve members of Presidential Oversight Committee are one from each conference plus Notre Dame. [font="arial][size="2"]If the Mountain West fails to meet AQ standards, it applies to the Presidential Oversight Committee for the exemption.[/size][/font]

Dogfrog

I think that's the President Committee that will vote on whether or not to grant the MWC a waiver or not for AQ status, so if he's still on the committee in two years, and if he doesn't have to recuse himself, and if we're still in the MWC then, we should get some benefit out of it.

There are six AQ Presidents, five non AQ Presidents, and one Independent (Notre Dame) President.