• The KillerFrogs

Championship week game thread

LVH

I think the ACTUAL 4th best team is OU but the committee picks the 4 best resumes, not the 4 best teams regardless of what the CFP says. 4 best teams my ass.

If the criteria is "who would give Alabama its toughest test" then OU is the answer.

LisaLT

My personal opinion..... Ohio St is the team that should get left out of this thing. Take Bama, Clemson, ND, and then either Cincy/Florida (if they beat Bama). Hell, take OU over OSU. Screw OSU and their 6 wins.
Yup agreed about Ohio State. Their conference stinks this year and only 6 wins against no top 25 teams (except Northwestern) should be a NO GO.

That said, I can understand Aggie making a case to get in. They did beat Florida and their only loss is Alabama. If Alabama wins tonight, it will likely be them and Clemson for sure, but I don't think ND gets in as no one wants to see ND/Clemson for a third time, which leaves that 4th slot open IF the committee dopes put OSU in which is likely. I think it opens the door for Aggie.

Personally, I think Cincy should get the 4th spot with a win tonight. Seems only fair.

Pharm Frog

Rose Bowl bid to get an exemption to allow some fans in was denied according to ESPN reporting.

Jimbo is lobbying bigly for Ag to get in because SEC SEC SEC SEC

Wexahu

Yes I did overlook them, but they are overrated. They barely beat a bad Wisconsin team.

You could make an example like that about every team. I do think it’s funny that people hate the blue blood bias but then just assume teams like Indiana aren’t any good. You know, because they are Indiana.

LisaLT

You could make an example like that about every team. I do think it’s funny that people hate the blue blood bias but then just assume teams like Indiana aren’t any good. You know, because they are Indiana.
With a very shortened season, its hard to judge how good a team might or might not be. Indiana had a good short season against teams that were not so great. Big 10 really only played half a schedule with some teams having 1 or 2 extra games, and some missing key players during that stretch.