• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports Pre-Season Rankings - Really?

jake102

I don't have a problem with aTm at #1. I would have put Bama at #1, aTm at #2 (Oregon would have been #2 if Kelly stayed) and Ohio State #3.

I think aTm will be a worse team than this year, but their schedule isn't far off MWC quality. If Bama wasn't Bama, I'd say it is perfectly on par with a MWC type schedule.

Unless I'm mistaken they avoid Georgia, Florida and SCarolina... get Bama at home... LSU away, but winnable.

jake102

Honest question, are you going to put SEC champ or National Championship on your stadium for 2012 season? Would you be in favor?

worthag03

Answer my question. Do you win the SEC next year ?

I'm not entirely sure. We do have to play most likely the consensus #1 Alabama, at least a top 10 LSU on the road and the SEC east champion who would also be a top 10 candidate. You know, pretty much your typical MWC schedule. Hell Alabama was very close to losing the SEC this year and it was pretty clear they were the best team in the nation.

jake102

I'm not entirely sure. We do have to play most likely the consensus #1 Alabama, at least a top 10 LSU on the road and the SEC east champion who would also be a top 10 candidate. You know, pretty much your typical MWC schedule. Hell Alabama was very close to losing the SEC this year and it was pretty clear they were the best team in the nation.

Alabama was definitely the best team in the nation this year, but Saban is definitely a better coach when he has a month or more to prepare. And he's not just better, he's absolutely unbeatable. I can't imagine him ever getting beat in the first or last game of the season at Bama. Their absolute rape of Notre Dame is a little misleading... they almost got beat by Georgia, got smacked around by aTm and should have gotten beat by LSU.

Not trying to bring down Saban or Bama (they are incredible), but the NC game is a little misleading I think of how good Bama was throughout the entire year.

And good point about having to win the SEC championship game... had forgotten about that.

Endless Purple

Low
Rice
New Mexico
Sam Houston St
SMU
Arkansas (lost to sunbelt)
Auburn (below Arkansas in standings)
Ol Miss (blown out by UT)
Missouri (sliding fast)

Ok
Vandy
Miss St

The Good
Bama
LSU

Not much tougher than one of the past MWC schedules, TCU faced. Only difference was Bama and LSU are probably better than the Utah/BYU teams, though Utah did beat Bama at the time.. MWC today sucks

PS, you can only count the SEC championship game if A&M actually makes it to the game to play.

Young and Horned

We can run around and around all day, every day with this damn argument.

SEC is the #1 conference in the land until someone knocks them out in the Championship game. Big 12 is getting better, but we have ground to make up. Same for PAC12.

MavAlbert

Alabama was definitely the best team in the nation this year, but Saban is definitely a better coach when he has a month or more to prepare. And he's not just better, he's absolutely unbeatable. I can't imagine him ever getting beat in the first or last game of the season at Bama.

UJOWNWAUQLHAGLH.20090121161319.jpg

worthag03

Not much tougher than one of the past MWC schedules, TCU faced. Only difference was Bama and LSU are probably better than the Utah/BYU teams, though Utah did beat Bama at the time.. MWC today sucks

And that my friends is why you don't argue with women.

Frog Brother

Alabama was definitely the best team in the nation this year, but Saban is definitely a better coach when he has a month or more to prepare. And he's not just better, he's absolutely unbeatable. I can't imagine him ever getting beat in the first or last game of the season at Bama. ......

I offer the following evidence to the contrary:

display_image.jpg

display_image.jpg

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Always a hoot watching the koolaid drinking Aggies work themselves into a lather. No matter how rational they try to act eventually reality rears its ugly head.