• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Andy Dalton says criticism 'comes down to the whole playoff thing'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CBS Sports: Andy Dalton says criticism 'comes down to the whole playoff thing'

By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

By most measures, Andy Dalton has been an above-average quarterback since entering the NFL out of TCU in 2011.

In those four seasons, Dalton has the 11th-most touchdown passes, 12th-most passing yards, 19th-best completion percentage and 20th-best passer rating among the 43 quarterbacks that have thrown at least 500 passes, while he's also accrued the 13th-highest Approximate Value (Pro-Football-Reference's one-number statistic that attempts to boil down every individual player season to one number) of the players in that same group. He's also led the Bengals to a 40-23-1 record and taken them to the playoffs every season.

But the public perception of him does not align with those figures. He's become an object of derision for his performances in night games, and especially, the playoffs, where the Bengals are 0-4 under his leadership. ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25281973/andy-dalton-says-criticism-comes-down-to-the-whole-playoff-thing

SnoSki

If the bengals fans run Andy out of town, they will get to enjoy their perennial 4-win seasons they had before he showed up. Yeah he's struggled but let's not pretend he is the only member of that team who has struggled (or completely disappeared even) in the playoffs.

If he ends up getting the boot after this season I will enjoy watching them struggle. Bengals fans deserve it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
SnoSki said:
If the bengals fans run Andy out of town, they will get to enjoy their perennial 4-win seasons they had before he showed up. Yeah he's struggled but let's not pretend he is the only member of that team who has struggled (or completely disappeared even) in the playoffs.

If he ends up getting the boot after this season I will enjoy watching them struggle. Bengals fans deserve it.
RGIII should be available next season. If he still has functional knees and a working head at that point anyway. Bengals fans deserve him if they run Andy out.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, Cleveland may run off Johnny Football by then. Let's see how the fine fans of Cincy like that clown for a while...

ShreveFrog

Well said by Andy. He can improve. But he also needs a healthy team at playoff time. And I think the offense was better under Gruden.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
That offense is in shambles and it starts with the coaching staff. Part of me wants to see Andy win it all in Cincy but lately I've just been hoping he gets out of there and goes to a team that has its act together.