• The KillerFrogs

Casey Pachall is the Man!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
25 of 40 (62.5%) 252 yards, 4TDs (+1 on the ground) and one INT at the end pushing for the win with a QB rating of 143.4. What a young man we have, the future is bright on offense. The defense needs a lot of work, I don't care who is play calling the offense if your D gives up 50 points you're bound to lose.

I was really worried about the offense this year, and yes I know it's Baylor, but considering we scored more tonight than last year with Andy and tonight we had a bad (horrible) defensive showing I think this proves Pachall is every bit as good as we hoped.

Now Baylor better go win the BigXII(9?)

Frogs1983

25 of 40 (62.5%) 252 yards, 4TDs (+1 on the ground) and one INT at the end pushing for the win with a QB rating of 143.4. What a young man we have, the future is bright on offense. The defense needs a lot of work, I don't care who is play calling the offense if your D gives up 50 points you're bound to lose.

I was really worried about the offense this year, and yes I know it's Baylor, but considering we scored more tonight than last year with Andy and tonight we had a bad (horrible) defensive showing I think this proves Pachall is every bit as good as we hoped.

Now Baylor better go win the BigXII(9?)
The young man impressed the hell out of me.Our future at QB is bright.I am very,very worried about our pass rush(non existant) and our pass coverage.The BYU QB and Moore from Boise will kill us if we don't get these 2 issues fixed.

The future is very bright with CP at QB. He left it all out on the field tonight. Very impressed with how poised he was when the breaks weren't going our way.

Gunner

Someone mentioned Dalton scored 27 in his first game, he thought, against another Baylor team. Not sure but that sounded right.

Pachall has the tools to be a great one. He had a great game and showed he can handle pressure, coming from behind.. Played dang near flawlessly.

If he can show durability, he might break some of Dalton's season records.

Those stats are deceiving because of drops. He would have gone over 300 yards without that.

4th. down

Someone mentioned Dalton scored 27 in his first game, he thought, against another Baylor team. Not sure but that sounded right.

Pachall has the tools to be a great one. He had a great game and showed he can handle pressure, coming from behind.. Played dang near flawlessly.

If he can show durability, he might break some of Dalton's season records.

Those stats are deceiving because of drops. He would have gone over 300 yards without that.

+1. Casey may prove to be our most talented QB in the modern-era.

Let's move Yendry to DE - believe our pass rush would improve. Move Olabode to 1st. team FS and play zone with some LB & Safety blitzes. Believe this would get us back on track. Look for a big emotional game from the defense @ AFA.

4th. down

Agree with most but GP does not like zone.

He's going to have to like it - has no choice. We still have Lindley and K. Moore to play. We cannot continue to let a hot qb. sit back there with 4-5 sec. to throw the deep ball to talented receivers and think our corners can stick like glue - not going to happen, especially with a 4-man rush.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The 4-2-5 is what it is. You have to execute it, play your assignment. One breakdown, like having the safety and corner both run up on a lateral while letting a receiver streak by will get you burned.

The corners got torched like angle iron Friday night. That simply has to stop or its 2004 all over again. People have to step up.

I was somewhat discouraged by the DL play at the game, but not so much after reviewing the game on TV.

michaelperrytcu

Casey had an incredible game, but I was most impressed with his attitude and fight... you can't teach that. I hope though that his stellar play on Friday hasn't set himself up for unrealistic expectations from Frog Nation. That could be very mentally tough for him to deal with when, not if, he struggles.

SuperToad

Very good point. Hicks seemed to drop EVERY pass that was thrown to him. That was probably 5 missed completions right there, and I recall 2 of them being KEY catches. Freshmen better step up, because the future of Hicks looks slim.

I really hope Pachall realizes none of this was his fault. What an outstanding athlete he his

hometown frog

and with all those drops, Hicks also had a HUGE 4th down catch and fight for the 1st down marker that was ultimately trumped by a defensive holding call for 10 yards.

While I agree he has to continue to step up, I'm not giving up on him yet.

SuperToad

and with all those drops, Hicks also had a HUGE 4th down catch and fight for the 1st down marker that was ultimately trumped by a defensive holding call for 10 yards.

Im not either, but he has shown to be a let down in key positions in the game. I know he can do it, but he has actually DO IT. UT didnt offer a scholly to this guy for nothing

IMAFROGDAD2

Does anybody recall Jeff Ballard's coming out party? A 51-50 thriller on the road against BYU? (Note: the defense came around after getting torched in this game as well.)

Friday's game was a TCU field goal away from being the same score as the BYU classic. Jeff Ballard went on to be one of the best all-time QBs for TCU.

I am thinking and hoping we witnessed Casey's "coming out party", albeit with a less favorable result, and can look forward to results similar to Ballard's.

jake102

Pachall is insanely good. I worry that he has a Tebow throwing motion though.

He also needs people to take Hicks spot. Dropped passes are just brutal

jake102

When he moves in the pocket he definitely drops the ball by his hip then has to make the loop throwing motion to get it off. But he can throw it a lot harder than Dalton and has better touch and the ability to throw into space. He should be good... Although I hope he tweaks the loopy throwing motion at some point

asleep003

Hicks got demoted 2010 for inconsistancy in 2009... there were 2-3 games we could have lost last year, if we had one reciever dropping several passes in those games. There are several 4.4/4.5 youngsters with good hands that should get a shot there. You don't have to give up on him... nor do you need to start him.

Cheers !

TEUFELI

I was very impressed with his on field play. However I also spoke to some current students and well...nevermind.

Let's just say i wish I hadn't heard what I heard. And what is up with the longhorn tatoo that he JUST got across his whole chest? I heard that the coaches had issues with that?!

But again...I saw what I needed to from a talent standpoint. He is a young kid, if someone cam keep him on the proper path (both on and off the field), then he will be successful. If not...Trevone & Tyler will be a coming....

Latest posts