• The KillerFrogs

cant believe the tight lid on tcu football ticket prices

cdsfrog

Can't believe nothing has been leaked and people are getting info in less than 3 weeks. This sucks as I am very impatient

cdsfrog

that's vague as heck (not that I disagree). I'm still looking at getting a parking spot worth $1250. Just want to know what it costs, not concerned about the increase.

ross

KMA
I look for little or no price change in 2011
In 2012 base price the same and seat license added in range of $100 to $200 for seats between the 20's
Just my best guess.
all in all prices should be reasonable the joint will be full and rocking with excitement.

Deep Purple

My guess is that it will be a substantial increase in prices. Worth every penny.

Nope, no major price increase is coming.

They are still working out seating and parking for the upcoming season. That's the reason no word has been given yet. To call it a "delay" is simply flat-out wrong. As long as the information is available when needed -- during renewal time -- nothing is "delayed."

HFrog1999

I seriously doubt there will be a significant price increase this season. Yeah, seat inventory will be lower, but we'll also have to deal with construction and a very lack luster home schedule. A price increase would be very silly this season.

HFrog1999

I look for little or no price change in 2011
In 2012 base price the same and seat license added in range of $100 to $200 for seats between the 20's
Just my best guess.
all in all prices should be reasonable the joint will be full and rocking with excitement.

This would be very reasonable.

Where's GDU to tell us we're going to be paying $1,000 plus extra per seat :wink:

Dogfrog

Ticket price should increase. Whatever the increase is, they might want to consider doing half for 2011, and the remainder for 2012. The low seating capacity in 2011 should make a reasonable increase easy to accomplish. Then the excitement of the completed stadium in 2012 will make another increase bearable. This would reduce the sticker shock from doing it all in one season.

cdsfrog

Trying to decide if $1250 is worth it for the parking.....

Several lots for cheaper....cant decide. Anyone have a young alumni or the expensive version ($2500 spot) want to share their thoughts? Btw baseball season tickets = best purchase ever so far

HFrog1999

Ticket price should increase. Whatever the increase is, they might want to consider doing half for 2011, and the remainder for 2012. The low seating capacity in 2011 should make a reasonable increase easy to accomplish. Then the excitement of the completed stadium in 2012 will make another increase bearable. This would reduce the sticker shock from doing it all in one season.

From what I've heard, we're losing about 11K in capacity down to 33K. Last year we averaged around 40K but that was for an undefeated senior laden team with home games scheduled against BYU and Baylor. In the past we've averaged close to 33-35K fans. I think a raise in season ticket prices for 2011 could be a mistake. Raising gate prices would be okay if season tickets sell well, but I fear we'd lose a lot of our new fans if we asked them to pay more for a season in an unfinished stadium with very limited parking and the home schedule we have.

HFrog1999

Trying to decide if $1250 is worth it for the parking.....

Several lots for cheaper....cant decide. Anyone have a young alumni or the expensive version ($2500 spot) want to share their thoughts? Btw baseball season tickets = best purchase ever so far

I loved the season I parked in Lot 3. That was a lot of fun. I had to give it up when I no longer became "young" though. I didn't know they were selling parking allready. I thought that was going to be part of the ticket mailer. We may get an RV spot with my parents if those are available next season.

cdsfrog

From what I've heard, we're losing about 11K in capacity down to 33K. Last year we averaged around 40K but that was for an undefeated senior laden team with home games scheduled against BYU and Baylor. In the past we've averaged close to 33-35K fans. I think a raise in season ticket prices for 2011 could be a mistake. Raising gate prices would be okay if season tickets sell well, but I fear we'd lose a lot of our new fans if we asked them to pay more for a season in an unfinished stadium with very limited parking and the home schedule we have.

we averaged 38k fans in 2009. we will sell out all games this year, including portland state.

cdsfrog

I loved the season I parked in Lot 3. That was a lot of fun. I had to give it up when I no longer became "young" though. I didn't know they were selling parking allready. I thought that was going to be part of the ticket mailer. We may get an RV spot with my parents if those are available next season.

thats assuming its near that same price. you are correct

cdsfrog

Deep any idea on what the difference is between

Lot UBC Tailgate Zone and Lot 2/3 (young alumni)

Debating on what spot to get.

Deep Purple

Deep any idea on what the difference is between

Lot UBC Tailgate Zone and Lot 2/3 (young alumni)

Debating on what spot to get.

All I know about parking: Lots 1 and 2 are gone for 2011. In fact, Lot 1 is history. Lot 2 will be back, but is being used in 2011 for construction staging. The loss of these lots will domino through all other lots except 6 and 7, which are unaffected. (Lot 6 is Kelly Center, Lot 7 is Coliseum.) In 2012, Lot 2 returns, but due to the new stadium footprint, Lot 1 and the south end of Lot 3 are gone for good.

cdsfrog

All I know about parking: Lots 1 and 2 are gone for 2011. In fact, Lot 1 is history. Lot 2 will be back, but is being used in 2011 for construction staging. The loss of these lots will domino through all other lots except 6 and 7, which are unaffected. (Lot 6 is Kelly Center, Lot 7 is Coliseum.) In 2012, Lot 2 returns, but due to the new stadium footprint, Lot 1 and the south end of Lot 3 are gone for good.

appreciaite the information. do you know anything about the UBC tailgate lot?

Seems like young alumni spots may not even be available which may be a good thing, keep me from spending even more.