• The KillerFrogs

Cannot Believe this...

Frogo

Wow! What would Gary do without all the armchair football experts on this board who know what we need, even more than our amazingly great coach?

What would he do without such wisdom?

Limp Lizard

Just lost one fumble against BSU. One interception. Two turnovers against a defense that is probably better than anything in the b12. Plus a b12 caliber offense at Boise. AT Boise.

Doom and gloom. Like the predictions earlier this year how BYU and Boise were going to eat our lunch.

Like I keep saying, save the time typing, just go back in this forum and copy and paste the predictions of doom and gloom posts. Plenty every year to choose from,

Dr. Coach Haus

TCU RB's dont play well in cold weather. Guess what? Very little cold weather in the big 12.

I bet we do really well next year. #3 or #4 best, who the hell knows maybe better!

True on Big 12 but look at the temp in the Wyoming game. We had trouble securing the ball but they ran for almost 400 yards. I was really cold, I was there.

MBAFrog

Tier 1
My only concern going into next year will be TCU's need to develop a stable of 2 or 3 deep lineman. We are adaquate at best in that position.

Gunner

We had 4 fumbles and still won....

The Big XII is going to suck for TCU if we don't fix that. And I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but TCU needs to get some bigger OLmen or we aren't going to be able to run the ball. Then again, with Pachall, who needs to run!?!?! 473 YARDS!!!!!!!!

Obviously, you haven't seen Texas and Tech play this year. We do need more linemen, but we already have one in Fabuluje, who will play left tackle next year. By then Horn can play right tackle or maybe Dunbar. Not a problem. Fab is 6'7 320 and athletic.

Boise runs a defense which shuts down the run, much like TCU. So you take whatever they give you. Gained over half of total yardage on 4 plays. That will teach 'em. :biggrin:

Screaming Flea

Think TCU was taking what the Boise defense was giving them. Boise was taking what the TCU defense gave them. Considerating those early games I believe we have come a long, long way!

More concerned with fumbles.

froginaustin

TCU RB's dont play well in cold weather. Guess what? Very little cold weather in the big 12.

I bet we do really well next year. #3 or #4 best, who the hell knows maybe better!

Welcome to balmy Ames, Iowa, and those tropical destinations in Kansas and even Oklahoma.

Not always deep freezes, those places. But any of them can be.

:laugh:

joejordan

For some reason the OC's wanted Pachall to have 75% of our rushes. Even the TV analyst thought it strange that so many plays had been designed for him to carry the ball.
I think they did the same thing with AD at Clemson. If your QB is not a regular runner, it is very hard to adjust for the 'extra back' on the fly. Boise had the box stacked to stop our stable of RB's, not QB.

angelo's frog

Our OL is fine this year. They did an excellent job protecting Pachall on Saturday and did an excellent job opening up running lanes against Wyoming. We lose three out of 5 next year plus our best blocking TE in Brock. Dooley, Deck and Olsen are all gone next year but I think we should be in good shape. Our OL could look like this: Fabuluje, Foltz, M. Thompson, Horn, Dunbar or B. Thompson or it could be Fabuluje, Foltz, Fry, M. Thompson, Horn or you could switch M. Thompson and Horn. I think we will be plenty deep too. However, I would still like to get one top flight OT this year.