• The KillerFrogs

Cameron Echols-Luper, 2013, WR and Track

Scarface

He is going to announce his college choice at his high school @ noon on Tuesday, 8/21. One of three schools, Auburn, our very own TCU or Texas A&M. All three schools are recruiting Cameron as a wide receiver and allowing him to pursue track.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Hearing from my barber friends TCU is well in the lead on him unless he gets a full ride from his dad's boss and then it's 50/50. Hopefully they are correct.

Nick Danger

He is going to announce his college choice at his high school @ noon on Tuesday, 8/21. One of three schools, Auburn, our very own TCU or Texas A&M. All three schools are recruiting Cameron as a wide receiver and allowing him to pursue track.
Please don't resort to the lame "cap" thing!

West Coast Johnny

What position? I've heard safety, wide receiver or QB. I can't get excited about adding him to any of these positions. These are the only positions that we don't need.

Ron Swanson

What position? I've heard safety, wide receiver or QB. I can't get excited about adding him to any of these positions. These are the only positions that we don't need.

WR, they see him as a Kerley type.

And we need WRs in the 2013 class, we only have one so far (Slanina). You don't recruit for your current team's needs, you recruit for 2-4 years down the road

West Coast Johnny

WR, they see him as a Kerley type.

And we need WRs in the 2013 class, we only have one so far (Slanina). You don't recruit for your current team's needs, you recruit for 2-4 years down the road
Yea, I hear you about needing a WR for the future. But "need" is relative and he takes a scholarship that could be used for a big LB, OL, DT.

tcuseagull

Hearing from my barber friends TCU is well in the lead on him unless he gets a full ride from his dad's boss and then it's 50/50. Hopefully they are correct.

Auburn is never going to "offer" because they don't need to. With his dad working for the university, I'm pretty sure he gets a full scholarship anyway.

Hunt Together

Auburn is never going to "offer" because they don't need to. With his dad working for the university, I'm pretty sure he gets a full scholarship anyway.

True, but what happens if his step-dad gets offered a job at another school. Puts both in a bad situation. Plus, you don't get all the benefits of a scholarship player as a walk-on.

Tsfardiim

True, but what happens if his step-dad gets offered a job at another school. Puts both in a bad situation. Plus, you don't get all the benefits of a scholarship player as a walk-on.

Good point that causes me to wonder, not knowing a lot about transfer rules, would a non-scholarship player have to sit out a year?

Lone Frog

Only if Dad's been at Auburn for at least 5 years, which he hasn't. Any scholly/discount/whatever Auburn offers is institutional aid and would count against football.
Ah. Quite so. I didn't realize he hadn't been there long enough.

Hmm. Didn't see the second part of your post. That part's not true. If the parent works for the university and free (or deeply discounted) tuition for family is part of the employment package, the family member in question can attend the school and play football without it counting against schollies. If I'm not terribly mistaken, that's the case here with Doctson and one or two of the Aledo guys.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

Not the same thing, can get a school scholly but that is far short of an athletic and limits his time with the team and facilities. Basically a paid scholastic walk-on but thanks for the comment.

Auburn is considering but is limited in open schollies