• The KillerFrogs

Calling Mike Collins!!

Considering SR's injury in the previous game, the quality of the opponent's defense, GP's talk of a QB rotation, and how ineffectual the offense was last night, the fact that Collins didn't get a series suggests that the coaches don't believe that he would stand a chance of doing much of anything better. People can argue all they want but it's really just as simple as that. With as many things that are already going wrong with our offense, some think substituting another inexperienced, less talented QB couldn't cause it to become worse? Of course it could be worse.

Purple Hearted

I, like most, would like to see Collins get an opportunity. I kept waiting for that opportunity to come last night, thinking surely it's time.

When that didn't happen (he never even warmed up during the game), I jumped to the conclusion that he must be pretty bad for us to keep trotting SR out there and getting the same results. Now that I've had a night to sleep on it, I think it's more likely that the reason we haven't seen him is that he's a more traditional, dropback QB and with our OL situation, he lacks mobility to escape-create with his legs. Putting a more stationary target back there, even if he does make better decisions with the ball, might actually be worse.

ifrog

GP also said Joeckel and Boykin were close.

I think this is also different because Shawn is banged up, so GP would probably like Collins to get some reps when possible. Having said that, I'm sure GP could make that happen if he really wanted.
Joeckel was supposed to be the next Colin Klein. Robinson was supposed to be the next Boykin last year. Collins is the next Drew Brees. The arm chair QBs on here seem to know more than our coaches.

FrogLifeYo

I remember a day when you had to earn playing time by what you did during the week. Whatever this kid does during the week must look mind blowingly bad...

As I said before the Tech game..If ever there were a week that Collins get snaps..It’s pretty clear what the staff thinks of his ability.

Still think it’s crazy that teams like Tech and ISU can plug in 3rd stringers that look decent and we can’t get our starter to look anything more than serviceable. If that isn’t a bad look on Cumbie I don’t know what is...