• The KillerFrogs

Calling Mike Collins!!

Planks

Complain all you want about Sonny, but SR’s gotta be more disciplined and careful with the ball !

It is, however, inexcusable that Mike Collins didn’t get a series tonight. Don’t get it!

See 2013. Offense was even worse than this one. Most of us were baffled coaches wouldn’t even give Tyler Matthews a chance (coaches only let Matthews attempt one pass all season).

Now in retrospect we know why. The coaches knew there was a 0% chance Matthews would be better than Boykin, no matter how bad our offense looked.

I imagine it’s much the same now.

Mean Purple

See 2013. Offense was even worse than this one. Most of us were baffled coaches wouldn’t even give Tyler Matthews a chance (coaches only let Matthews attempt one pass all season).

Now in retrospect we know why. The coaches knew there was a 0% chance Matthews would be better than Boykin, no matter how bad our offense looked.

I imagine it’s much the same now.
big difference …. Collins can throw the ball. He can lead rcvrs. He can put it on the outside shoulder.

Might as well see what the kid can do. Heck, bring in the Mule.

Just don't run that damn wild cat again.

hometown frog

I keep going back to the series that Collins played against Texas earlier this year and just how bad he looked. I think this is just what this team is on offense this season. Heck out all three QBs in at once and take the best playeach snap in a sort of best ball format and I STILL think we struggle

Mean Purple

curious how you know collins can do all these things with the ball when he is 6 of 14 throwing it this year
because when he has not had a defender's hands coming down on him, he has put the ball there. and he has also known to throw it away. and he also hit some rcvrs in the hands that were dropped.

and the mechanics are obvious.

some people use stats like a drunk uses a lamp post...

Eight

because when he has not had a defender's hands coming down on him, he has put the ball there. and he has also known to throw it away. and he also hit some rcvrs in the hands that were dropped.

some people make silly, baseless comments for unknown reasons and after reading your explanation i really have no freaking idea how any of that explains a thing which makes perfect sense when consider with your original statement

Mean Purple

some people make silly, baseless comments for unknown reasons and after reading your explanation i really have no freaking idea how any of that explains a thing which makes perfect sense when consider with your original statement
Sure thing there, Saban

Eight

Sure thing there, Saban

dude, you might have written one of the worst paragraphs in the history of this message board trying to defend a half assed comment.

"because when he has not had a defender's hands coming down on him, he has put the ball there. and he has also known to throw it away. and he also hit some rcvrs in the hands that were dropped."

seriously what the hell does this actually say or mean?

Horny4TCU

dude, you might have written one of the worst paragraphs in the history of this message board trying to defend a half assed comment.

"because when he has not had a defender's hands coming down on him, he has put the ball there. and he has also known to throw it away. and he also hit some rcvrs in the hands that were dropped."

seriously what the hell does this actually say or mean?
Let me translate for Mean Purple. "SR sucks, our Oline sucks, if they can keep Collins protected, we might be surprised. What else is there to lose?"

LVH

Most of his passing attempts have come against SOUTHERN.

Our 5th string QB would look good against Southern.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Most of his passing attempts have come against SOUTHERN.

Our 5th string QB would look good against Southern.
True... But this wouldn't be an issue had Collins been and put into a game, per the request of Coach Patterson.

GP is the head coach and it confounds me asked why just to say coach Cumbie, put him in the game or pack your bags.

HFrog12

True... But this wouldn't be an issue had Collins been and put into a game, per the request of Coach Patterson.

GP is the head coach and it confounds me asked why just to say coach Cumbie, put him in the game or pack your bags.

My thoughts exactly. I have no reason to believe that Collins as any better than Robinson. I still have faith that Robinson will continue to grow and be a good QB. But in this moment how can it hurt to try Collins for a few series like GP wants? We lead FBS in turnovers. So Collins throws and few INTs. That's literally no different than what is already out there.

eh0215

Are we really going to refer to Southern as some significantly inferior defense than Texas Tech?

Texas. TECH. the gold standard for bottom of the big 12 defensive stats.

We made them look like the 85 bears. Kansas's offense is better than ours, and they don't have an offensive coordinator.