• The KillerFrogs

Cal State Game 3

jake102

I hear ya, but the way we've looked while losing is what concerns me... the bad AB's and sloppy defense.

Morrison, Finnegan and Witte are the only guys who have looked like college baseball players. Cody Jones has played a little bit of good defense here and there also.

The infield defense has been an abortion and right field is incredibly shaky as well.

SuperToad

Are we even hitting .100 as a team right now? Our fielding is pretty atrocious as well. I dont care who we've played so far, getting swept in the first 2 series is embarrasing. Schloss has to put a fire under these guys fast. I didnt like his "oh well" attitude after Ole Miss.

DickBumpastache

Sure they are good teams, but we just lost six games in a row and we had elite pitching in 2/3rds of those games. Don't we want to be in Omaha?

I'd rather be hot in May than February. Every team goes through slumps. Has any other team in the country started with two top-20 opponents? I wonder what their record is if so.

Yeah we suck right now. I just seriously doubt we'll continue to be this bad, especially against crap teams like Jacksonville, Pacific and Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

jake102

Yeah we suck right now. I just seriously doubt we'll continue to be this bad, especially against crap teams like Jacksonville, Pacific and Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Good thing we will be playing those guys in a regional and super regional.

It is a long season though... I thought there was about a 5% chance of us winning the regional last year.

Paint It Purple

I'd rather be hot in May than February. Every team goes through slumps. Has any other team in the country started with two top-20 opponents? I wonder what their record is if so.

Weren't we ranked 14 last week?

Paint It Purple

Are we even hitting .100 as a team right now? Our fielding is pretty atrocious as well. I dont care who we've played so far, getting swept in the first 2 series is embarrasing. Schloss has to put a fire under these guys fast. I didnt like his "oh well" attitude after Ole Miss.
Lots of bad body language on the field this weekend. Can't let that set in

tcumaniac

Anyone being optimistic and making excuses right now is dumb. We're absolutely pathetic. Schloss is pissing me off too. He needs to be furious. He's the opposite of Patterson. He praises our players even when we suck. They need a good taste of auggie garrido. With the talent we have, playing this poorly is absolutely unnacceptable. I'm furious

Anyone being optimistic and making excuses right now is dumb. We're absolutely pathetic. Schloss is pissing me off too. He needs to be furious. He's the opposite of Patterson. He praises our players even when we suck. They need a good taste of auggie garrido. With the talent we have, playing this poorly is absolutely unnacceptable. I'm furious

Guest speaker at practice?

hometown frog

So now folks are going to bail on Schloss?! We have played bad baseball the first two weeks, but you are insane if you suddendly want to throw coach under the bus.

Paint It Purple

Spot on about no excuses. But, Schlos strikes me as the kind that is gonna be slow to go off on his players on the field or in the dugout. In the clubhouse may be very different. I was really surprised by the poor reaction I saw of hitters being pinch hit for the last two days. All of it right in front of the coach.

jake102

Spot on about no excuses. But, Schlos strikes me as the kind that is gonna be slow to go off on his players on the field or in the dugout. In the clubhouse may be very different. I was really surprised by the poor reaction I saw of hitters being pinch hit for the last two days. All of it right in front of the coach.

All of the guys that got pinch hit for kind of blow at hitting. Not sure why they would be pissed.

PurplePainD

my gawd, you love to reinforce your idiocy. Are you sure you have the same genetic material as Turk?