• The KillerFrogs

Cable TV Alternatives

PHSFROG09

PlayStation vue along with a leaf antenna. Also got a Tablo to record things on the channels I get OTA. Very satisfied overall wouldn't go back to cable.

Opintel

Moderators
PlayStation vue along with a leaf antenna. Also got a Tablo to record things on the channels I get OTA. Very satisfied overall wouldn't go back to cable.
That's kind of the way I'm leaning, unsure about adding the DVR capability. After I decide, it'll be a system test for about a week (then try to re-train MsOp :eek:) before pulling the plug.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Anyone try Direct TV Now? I wish YouTube TV was in DFW, that would be perfect: local channels, cloud DVR, and NBCSN so I can watch Primiere League Football.

Opintel

Moderators
One of the keys to this, I believe, is not to have any contracts that hamstring you. That's a biggie in a fast changing market like this one.

I have nine T.V.'s in my house so how can I use an alternative that covers all my T.V.'s? I just have cable, internet, phone, and security alarm bundle with Comcast and would love to save money. Anyone have any solutions for me?

cdsfrog

I have nine T.V.'s in my house so how can I use an alternative that covers all my T.V.'s? I just have cable, internet, phone, and security alarm bundle with Comcast and would love to save money. Anyone have any solutions for me?

Breakeven takes longer but u can buy a ton of devices and still use a service. I can't fathom u really watch all of them consistently.

cdsfrog

If net neutrality goes away that could hurt the quality of existing streaming TV services. More likely it would eliminate any new competitors from the market place. Netflix is definitely safe.

Anyone in favor of canceling that is insane. Literally I've never seen one argument ever that justifies repealing that. That's like repealing the EPA.

Purp

If net neutrality goes away that could hurt the quality of existing streaming TV services. More likely it would eliminate any new competitors from the market place. Netflix is definitely safe.

Anyone in favor of canceling that is insane. Literally I've never seen one argument ever that justifies repealing that. That's like repealing the EPA.
Repealing the EPA is insane? Time to go get fitted for a straight jacket.

cdsfrog

Repealing the EPA is insane? Time to go get fitted for a straight jacket.

Hell yeah let's go back 30 years into the past and poison our water giving cancer to kids again. Sounds exciting!

Murica let's make Chernobyl look like nothing.

Opintel

Moderators
Yeah, let's go back to TV antennas and other crazy...uh, wait. We are doing some of that, and it is good.

BTW - I'm trying the amplified 50 mile indoor product (ECL-A) from Antennas Direct. It'll be delivered today, and a review will follow.

Purp

Hell yeah let's go back 30 years into the past and poison our water giving cancer to kids again. Sounds exciting!

Murica let's make Chernobyl look like nothing.
This assumes the EPA actually does anything to protect the environment. I think you place way too much confidence in the Murican bureaucracy.

ETA: I won't respond to another post on this subject b/c I believe this to be a useful thread and I'd prefer it not get derailed.

cdsfrog

This assumes the EPA actually does anything to protect the environment. I think you place way too much confidence in the Murican bureaucracy.

ETA: I won't respond to another post on this subject b/c I believe this to be a useful thread and I'd prefer it not get derailed.

Oh gmab. It's a joke like I hope yours is. Do I wish they were better at their job sure. Do I want companies to be regulated from pouring nasty chemicals in water so they don't give kids cancer? Yes, why yes I do. Because they already have proven they will if u dont. Same goes for companies verbally honoring that they won't screw over customers and smaller companies that can't fight back

cdsfrog

Those of you with Vue, could you explain how the dvr works? I mean do I need a separate box or is my PS4 all that's needed...is it a cloud based dvr deal? Thanks.

Cloud based, unlimited storage. You can run a lot of streams at once as well. I'm planning on PlayStation Vue when I get back or YouTube TV if it improves

Check out
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...rajrP3EJouxx35KJw&sig2=kss0vjLtR3nBKDVeZvLRvA

Answers everything you need to know and compares everything

Last edited: