• The KillerFrogs

C-USA, MWC dissolving to form new league

TCUdirtbag

This was inevitable. It will be interesting to see if they are able to emerge with any power as the "best" non-aq conference like the MWC did 2005-2010.

Now it's crazy to look back to 2008/2009/2010. Things would be very different had the Pac not expanded. TCU, Utah, BYU, and BSU (maybe with the addition of Houston and Hawaii to get to 12) would've gotten the MWC AQ status. Which could've given the Cotton Bowl BCS status (probably with a Big 12 tie in--shifting Fiesta to MWC). Instead, the "big 4" from the MWC are spread between the Pac, Big 12, Big East, and Independents. I don't think anyone could've predicted what happened in the last 2 years.

Also---CBS's McMurphy reporting the new mega-league will expand to 18 or 24 football members with a semifinal and final playoff game. So they can add 2 - 8 for teams. Look for invites to go to Texas schools to bring in those TV markets (UTSA, University of North Texas, TX State would all be candidates---they already have Rice and UTEP). Temple, if it doesn't get a Big East invite, has a good shot at membership, too, as will Utah State, New Mexico State, and LA Tech. In fact, the league could torpedo the WAC...again. If they go to 24 by killing the WAC, there's a legitimate question as to what happens to schools in conferences like the MAC and Sun Belt. Suddenly there's a new tier in D1 athletics.

Tier 1: SEC, Big 12, B1G, PAC, ACC
Tier 2: Big East
Tier 3: Mega-League
Tier 4: MAC, Sun Belt, WAC (if it survives)
Tier 5: FCS

What do you even start to do with this mess if you're trying to develop a college football playoff? Especially if the mega-league has its own?

EastTXFrog

id rather skip a bcs game than to have 1 of 2 things happen, get blown out, or lose to a m i d m a j o r!

Try this...

ngbbs4bdc98e3b2c1d.jpg

YCBJ Frog

just wait till one of those teams pillow fights their way into a bcs game, cant wait to see what you guys have to say then :laugh:

If they then beat the Big 10 champs in the rose bowl, i'll say they deserved it. Especially if people are saying their opponent is playing the best football in the country late in the season.

Metropolis777

Anyone else sort of feel for Southern Miss and East Carolina (and to a lesser extent Fresno). These guys have basically just signed away any opportunity they had left to get to the big time where they probably belong. Of course, they're in survival mode rather than thriving mode now. But, this new league will set the divide between the haves and have nots even more in stone.

Thank God we got out!

Kaiser

Good luck to all of those teams. They're all just fighting for survival in a sport rigged to their disadvantage. I hope it works out for them. I like most of those schools more than our Big 12 "brothers".

Deep Purple

just wait till one of those teams pillow fights their way into a bcs game, cant wait to see what you guys have to say then :laugh:
Unlike certain West Texas schools and purple hippos we know, we won't feel threatened by it.

Looking forward to the pillow fight vs. Tech this year.

GlendarrochFrog

id rather skip a bcs game than to have 1 of 2 things happen, get blown out, or lose to a m i d m a j o r!
I've only been coming to the board for the last 3 or 4 years. I was thinking in my mind how AWFUL it would be to have Rod Dog on the board if Tech pulls off the major upset and beats us this year. I bet he would post every 30 seconds for 6 months in a row. That lead me to think if he was on our board the last time we played each other andif so, how was he after the game.

I'm assuming before the game it was a lot of [Deleted], strength of schedule, week in week out talk. How was it after the game? Does anyone remember. Not to hijack this thread, but I didn't feel like a this was worthy of posting a new topic. I think that as consistent as he is with those ridiculous thoughts he must be a TCU fan who is just messing with us (i.e. Native Frog). I don't think that anyone could actually believe the stuff he writes.

Boomhauer

I've only been coming to the board for the last 3 or 4 years. I was thinking in my mind how AWFUL it would be to have Rod Dog on the board if Tech pulls off the major upset and beats us this year. I bet he would post every 30 seconds for 6 months in a row. That lead me to think if he was on our board the last time we played each other andif so, how was he after the game.

I'm assuming before the game it was a lot of [Deleted], strength of schedule, week in week out talk. How was it after the game? Does anyone remember. Not to hijack this thread, but I didn't feel like a this was worthy of posting a new topic. I think that as consistent as he is with those ridiculous thoughts he must be a TCU fan who is just messing with us (i.e. Native Frog). I don't think that anyone could actually believe the stuff he writes.

He basically just ignored the fact that TCU stomped their [Craig James] and argued for weeks (years?) that Tech had more fans in ACS than TCU that day.