• The KillerFrogs

C-USA, MWC dissolving to form new league

froginaustin

Doing the best they can with a bad situation, I suppose.

At least this keeps the schools from the old MWC out of a football conference with NMSU, SJfSU, Utah State, etc. Maybe USU shouldn't be in that group. Their football has been showing some signs of life recently.

roddog

Banned
just wait till one of those teams pillow fights their way into a bcs game, cant wait to see what you guys have to say then :laugh:

Stiff Arm Frog

So 16 for football, 15 for basketball and most other sports; and if air force leaves they'll be replaced with Temple.

Sounds reasonable. Both conferences will add some good second-tier schools. I say they just continue to call the thing C-USA.

AEAfrog

And now we have two coast to coast conferences. If only there was some national association that could regulate this kind of thing... :dry:

AEAfrog

Not to mention this would seem to kill the MWC TV contract and allow a renegotiation.

The CUSA TV side of this might be kind of fun as well. The lawsuit ended with ESPN and CUSA settling with ESPN getting the rights to the conference championship game from 2011 to 2015 and FOX getting the regular season games. There's probably a dissolution clause that will make all of that go away, but it's kind of humorous after all of the litigation that went on last year.

TCUdirtbag

just wait till one of those teams pillow fights their way into a bcs game, cant wait to see what you guys have to say then :laugh:
"one of those teams" include Hawaii, who has already been to a BCS bowls.

Remind me, please, how many BCS games has Tech been to?