• The KillerFrogs

Buffs Beat: Op-Ed: College football's talking heads have lost their minds over Colorado vs. No. 17 TCU

Bob Sugar

So we're outmanned at every position on the field except O line and maybe even there. We're screwed!
The funny thing is that if you look at the 247 rankings, after they turned over their entire roster and now have guys all playing together for the first time, save for a couple Jackson State guys, their argument is still trash.

CU had one 5* and three 4* in their class of '23 and one 5* and five 4* in the transfer class. That's 10 blue chips.

TCU had eight 4* in their class of '23 and three 4* in the transfer class. That's 11 blue chips and doesn't even include the remainder of TCU's roster. Heck, there are like five more 4* guys from the class of '22 alone.

Brog

Honestly think too much is being made of the heat and how it will affect CU at this point. It's supposed to be hot, but not like originally expected.

I just expect something "extra" to come out of this game. Hoping not, but that's what I'm expecting.
Wexahu, I was expecting you would be expecting exactly what you say you are expecting.

jack the frog

The funny thing is that if you look at the 247 rankings, after they turned over their entire roster and now have guys all playing together for the first time, save for a couple Jackson State guys, their argument is still trash.

CU had one 5* and three 4* in their class of '23 and one 5* and five 4* in the transfer class. That's 10 blue chips.

TCU had eight 4* in their class of '23 and three 4* in the transfer class. That's 11 blue chips and doesn't even include the remainder of TCU's roster. Heck, there are like five more 4* guys from the class of '22 alone.
Good info. I may be overlooking obvious examples but I cannot recall a situation where a team replaced the entire coaching staff and 90% or more of the players and jumped right into the fire. UTSA began as FCS and then provisional FBS but that’s a different ball of wax. Marshall maybe, I don’t know.

Deep Purple

I expect some thuggery from their side.
Ya think? When a fight breaks out during practice, their own head coach climbs the frame of anyone who doesn't jump in. That's their own players. How multiplied will that be against an opponent? I expect to see a lot of yellow laundry flying in CU's direction.

"It’s good to get your dander up, but in the end, it’s discipline wins the day."
-- Stonewall Jackson

Eight

Good info. I may be overlooking obvious examples but I cannot recall a situation where a team replaced the entire coaching staff and 90% or more of the players and jumped right into the fire. UTSA began as FCS and then provisional FBS but that’s a different ball of wax. Marshall maybe, I don’t know.

hey, are you paying attention to what the talking heads are telling you jack, none of that matters because they have prime and an army of blue chip transfers

the fact that most of their offensive line haven't taken snaps together in a real game doesn't matter, they have prime and an army of blue chip transfers

the fact most of their defense has never taken snaps in a real game together and haven't had to do things such as call strength, change to the offensive formation changing, etc.... doesn't matter, they have prime and travis hunter who is basically the greatest athlete to ever lace up cleats

really not sure the last time tcu ever has faced this collection of talent and coaching brillance and won, heck they got blown out with the last comparable roster to cu, not like they faced a team with nfl caliber talent and coaching anytime before that loss

Limey Frog

Honestly think too much is being made of the heat and how it will affect CU at this point. It's supposed to be hot, but not like originally expected.

I just expect something "extra" to come out of this game. Hoping not, but that's what I'm expecting.
Also half of them transferred from Florida, where it is often hot.

Moose Stuff

No it isn't. They have no depth and their best player is trying to play both sides of the ball. Heat will be a massive issue and our depth will make it way easier for us to manage.

Wexahu

No it isn't. They have no depth and their best player is trying to play both sides of the ball. Heat will be a massive issue and our depth will make it way easier for us to manage.
Meh. Right now the low Saturday is 72 and the high is 99 and Fox has about twenty-five 2;30-3:00 timeouts during their games. It's gonna be hot but it won't be a big difference maker and it'll be managable. Our depth is an advantage because depth is always an advantage, and that kid (or anyone else) isn't gonna play both sides of the ball for a ton of plays because nobody ever does, it's almost impossible for a kid to play 100+ plays even if its 50 degrees and despite the constant stopping of play because of TV timeouts.

frogs9497

Ya think? When a fight breaks out during practice, their own head coach climbs the frame of anyone who doesn't jump in. That's their own players. How multiplied will that be against an opponent? I expect to see a lot of yellow laundry flying in CU's direction.

"It’s good to get your dander up, but in the end, it’s discipline wins the day."
-- Stonewall Jackson
Let’s hope CU isn’t Air Force 2.0.

HFrawg

I expect some thuggery from their side.
Yeah, I keep thinking that there is going to be a lot of chirping and trash talk coming from CU players. The team cant can’t let themselves get “drawn off sides” on that. I imagine this game gets a little chippy.

Chongo94

“Colorado has more players that have faced real competition with more Power Five experience than TCU does.”

Interesting…would’ve thought that if that were truly the case, they wouldn’t be transferring.

Eight

“Colorado has more players that have faced real competition with more Power Five experience than TCU does.”

Interesting…would’ve thought that if that were truly the case, they wouldn’t be transferring.

you have to remember that buffsbeat is the cu equivalent of the articles written for this site so........

FrogCop19

you have to remember that buffsbeat is the cu equivalent of the articles written for this site so........
COMIN' IN HOT!!!
Coming In Hot Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING