• The KillerFrogs

Brett Yormark eyed as new Big-12 Commish!

NORMLFROG

Top candidates for the job all passed, so the presidents went outside the box and settled on an “execution guy” who can go get some stuff done. More of a front foot hire for sure, and will be far more aggressive with the conference’s positioning nationally.
Who were the top candidates? Admittedly I don't know anything about the new hire but I'm all for bold, out of the box thinking....perhaps right now more than any other time.

NF

HG73

Top candidates for the job all passed, so the presidents went outside the box and settled on an “execution guy” who can go get some stuff done. More of a front foot hire for sure, and will be far more aggressive with the conference’s positioning nationally.
Thanks for your insight as always. Any steam left for USC to the B1G?

Bizarro Frog

Read an article on ESPN and it sounds like he has worked with the new PAC 12 commissioner at previous jobs and they are friends. I think at some point in the future the PAC 12, ACC and BIG 12 are going to need to be closely aligned to offer some resistance to the SEC and BIG TEN taking over. I think the Power 5 is close to breaking away and hopefully they will put some type board together or someone in charge that will govern over them. Maybe that would limit some of the chaos and keep the conferences from destroying each other. The BIG 12 has always been at a disadvantage geographically being in the middle of the country and having potential poachers on every front. The BIG 12 shares a border with all 4 of the other Power conferences.

Virginia Frog

Do you know, or can you give us some rationale on the part of those declining candidates as to their reasoning for passing on the gig.

I don't know the make up of those candidates - did they "apply" or were they "identified" by a consultant and approached as opposed to be applicants.

I'd think that some number 2 in another P5 would seek a promotion to a top job.

Or, maybe the B12 is so "lowly" that we can't compete for "their (P4)" executive talent.

Any comments would be appreciated GSR.

Do you know, or can you give us some rationale on the part of those declining candidates as to their reasoning for passing on the gig.

I don't know the make up of those candidates - did they "apply" or were they "identified" by a consultant and approached as opposed to be applicants.

I'd think that some number 2 in another P5 would seek a promotion to a top job.

Or, maybe the B12 is so "lowly" that we can't compete for "their (P4)" executive talent.

Any comments would be appreciated GSR.
Top targets passed because its going to be a really tough job and success isn’t clearly defined… Balance of being a media industry guy who can negotiate innovative deals and bring a trusted college voice that Presidents will listen too.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why wouldn’t you go after that guy first? Doesn’t make sense. They were looking for a non-execution person who wouldn’t get things done?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Who were the top candidates? Admittedly I don't know anything about the new hire but I'm all for bold, out of the box thinking....perhaps right now more than any other time.

NF
I, also, confess to being curious on this. Who were these Top Men who refused such a position? Why would they refuse?

Since the New Guy is not a part of the Old Boys Network, it may present problems with the entrenched folk. And, it may also present the opportunity to throw away all the old modes of thought and action.

HG73

Can't stand these baylor idiots. Oliver Luck didn't apply? For a $3million job? How hard can it be? B1GSEC commissioner calls and says "We are poaching your two best teams." You say "Okay." Where's happy hour?

Last edited: