• The KillerFrogs

BOSTON, City of Champions

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(damnyankeephrog @ Jun 19 2008, 01:29 PM) [snapback]167384[/snapback]
I still can't forgive my father for not letting us go to a Celtics game in Providence. The fact that we were all about 9 yrs old and had no sure ride home from what was then more than just a little seedy area not withstanding. Russell, Cousy, Havlicheck, the smell or Red's cigar....what a missed opportunity.

Was it a pre-season game?

The only Boston team I've seen live with any regularity over the years is the Red Sox (well, and the Revs when I had a press pass to see them, if you want to count that). I've never been to a Pats game; I've been to two Bruins games, and I last attended one in about 1999. The only time I ever saw the Celtics play live was actually in Dallas in about 1995 or 1996. I wanted to go to a Celts game this year, but guess what? Tickets were suddenly really tough to get...

damnyankeephrog

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 19 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]167554[/snapback]
Was it a pre-season game?

Along the lines of invoking the 5th, those of us born in the Truman era may only be held to remembering the anniversary and most birthdays.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(damnyankeephrog @ Jun 19 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]167582[/snapback]
Along the lines of invoking the 5th, those of us born in the Truman era may only be held to remembering the anniversary and most birthdays.

:laugh: :laugh:

Fair enough. Well, the only time I ever saw the Celtics live, Dino Radja and Pervis Ellison were among the "stars" on the team. :sad:

Seriously, why did this get relegated to the Tough Guy Abyss? The off-season seems to have left some moderators with too much time on their hands ...

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 23 2008, 09:34 AM) [snapback]168526[/snapback]
Seriously, why did this get relegated to the Tough Guy Abyss? The off-season seems to have left some moderators with too much time on their hands ...

Seriously...