• The KillerFrogs

BOSTON, City of Champions

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
Just walked home from the bar. Incredible atmosphere there. What a game.

So, that's six championships in three different sports this decade. Boston--City of Champions!!!!!

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South Texas Frog

Why in the HELL are you going home now? Screw work tomorrow. You should be out celebrating! Congrats on the WC. Too bad the Pats couldn't seal the deal.

I remember back in the fall when BC was #1, the Pats were undefeated, the C's were about to start their domination and the BoSox had just clinched. Bet that was an awesome time to be a Boston fan.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Jun 18 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]166747[/snapback]
Why in the HELL are you going home now?

Everybody went home. All my friends went home. :sad: Fortunately I could walk home, so I didn't have to worry about my considerable alcohol consumption. :cool:

I remember back in the fall when BC was #1, the Pats were undefeated, the C's were about to start their domination and the BoSox had just clinched. Bet that was an awesome time to be a Boston fan.

This decade has been incredible. Unfortunately I missed all three Pats Super Bowl wins and the 2004 Series win because I was living in Paris. (And, actually, I'm still a Cowboys fan above all in the NFL, although I like the Pats.) The 2007 Series was great, but this was incredible--the city really needed an outlet after the Pats choked. This town has rocked during this series. I'm a shameless bandwagon fan of the Celtics just like everybody else here--but I'm enjoying it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the congrats. I played hard all year long. :tongue:

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 17 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]166751[/snapback]
Thanks for the congrats. I played hard all year long. :tongue:

Fan or player, a long season takes it out of you. Enjoy the WC! IMHO, this group has a few more left in them.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Jun 18 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]166752[/snapback]
Fan or player, a long season takes it out of you. Enjoy the WC! IMHO, this group has a few more left in them.

Thanks very much. I'm thrilled for the long-time Celtics fans who hung on through two down decades. And I'm very happy for Paul Pierce, a guy I've admired for years who finally got a team around him and won a ring. I'm happy for KG, too, but PP is a true Boston legend now. And good for him.

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 18 2008, 12:32 AM) [snapback]166751[/snapback]
the city really needed an outlet after the Pats choked.

Vomit. I've got the world's smallest violin playing for you ...

Maybe the Bruins can throw a wheelbarrow of cash at Ovechkin and Crosby and Turco and then you poor Boston fans can finally get your Stanley Cup too ...

Frontrunner. You make me sick, Boston. Might as well go ahead and switch allegiances to the Longhorns. You have lost your way in this world ...

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Corinthian_Leather @ Jun 18 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]166796[/snapback]
I don't get the hate. I was cheering for Boston and glad they won. I know many that were cheering for the Celtics.

I believe that quote came from living in Paris too long.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(Corinthian_Leather @ Jun 18 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]166796[/snapback]
I don't get the hate.

No hate. I was just being goofy.

Frontrunner. You make me sick, Boston. Might as well go ahead and switch allegiances to the Longhorns. You have lost your way in this world ...

I didn't switch NBA allegiances; I never really had any. I was never really a Mavs fan, although I like Cuban. Until this year, I had watched maybe two full NBA games in the last 15 years. But nobody here was a Celtics fan until this year. I just joined in the fun at the beginning of the season like everybody else. Fortunately things worked out well.

I'm still a Cowboys fan, and I'll always be a TCU fan. No TCU fan can be considered a frontrunner. I've even stopped supporting Arsenal (a successful team) and started supporting West Ham (a team that's never won a championship) because I couldn't stand the Arsenal fans I'd met and because I had genuine feelings for West Ham that I never had for Arsenal. Hell, I'm still a Mets fan. :blink: Talk about 22 long years (and counting)...

But, I reserve the right to be a Boston sports fan at any and all times. I've lived here for a combined seven years or so, and I first moved here 11 years ago. I endure the horrible winters here; I deal with these dour people and sit in the dreadful traffic. I deal with the high cost of living. I was married to a Boston native for 11 years. Surely all of that put together has earned me the right to bandwagon with the Celtics. :rolleyes: :biggrin: Aren't you a Pirates fan as well as being a Rangers fans? And a Pens fan, too? Seems fair enough to me.

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 18 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]166830[/snapback]
But, I reserve the right to be a Boston sports fan at any and all times. I've lived here for a combined seven years or so, and I first moved here 11 years ago. I endure the horrible winters here; I deal with these dour people and sit in the dreadful traffic. I deal with the high cost of living. I was married to a Boston native for 11 years. Surely all of that put together has earned me the right to bandwagon with the Celtics. :rolleyes: :biggrin: Aren't you a Pirates fan as well as being a Rangers fans? And a Pens fan, too? Seems fair enough to me.

Don't try to get all rational on me. I'm just giving you a hard time. And I am just sick of Boston winning everything over the last 5 years or so ...

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 18 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]166841[/snapback]
Don't try to get all rational on me. I'm just giving you a hard time. And I am just sick of Boston winning everything over the last 5 years or so ...

I don't blame you for that. I would hate Boston sports if I didn't live here. This is a great sports city, though--the people might be a little cold (to say the least), but they take sports very seriously.

LMc44

I'm sick to my stomach as a Lakers fan.

I grew up in LA while the Magic/Bird rivalry was in full swing and I flat out hate those damn Celtics. Bird and Ainge always pissed me off more than anybody else on the team. When I was a kid if the Lakers were playing Chick Hearn was in my ear and some of my best memories with my father, who is now gone, came with either Chick or Vin Scully whispering in our ears. Great times that mean so much to me now.

Paul Pierce is now my most hated Celtic but damn House and Posey are running a close second. The funny thing is that Pierce played at a school in our HS district (Inglewood), the city that I was born and raised in, and I've met him more than a few times in HS at parties, all star games and such. We were always cool with each other and knew each other by name and I have always pulled for him until this BS. I think I'm more pissed about his Prima Donna wheelchair act than his on court dominance.

Either way, Boston Frog enjoy it. I hope that next season they can do it all again. Either way, my team layed down and your boys earned it. I am not only embarrassed by their effort but also a little light in the pocket, ya know? :wink:

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(LMc44 @ Jun 18 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]167107[/snapback]
I am not only embarrassed by their effort but also a little light in the pocket, ya know? :wink:

You are not alone. A lot of people had money on the Lakers.

Honestly, the Lakers looked a bit soft to me. Gasol in particular is a great player but doesn't seem to have much nerve. He complains a lot. Same for Vicicicic or whatever his name is. And Kobe needs to step up in the clutch more often if he's going to mouth off to his teammates all the time.

I have to confess, though, that as a kid growing up in Midlothian I liked the Lakers better than I liked the Celtics. I loved Magic, Worthy, Byron Scott, Rambis (although not so much Kareem) and never really liked Bird, McHale or Parrish much. So, I share some of your memories, even though I didn't live them the way you did.

Interesting about Paul Pierce--he always seemed like a good guy, but I've obviously never met him in person. So, I guess you think he was faking, then? It's possible, I suppose. I was very happy for him, though. He endured 10 mostly lousy years here and never really mouthed off or demanded to be traded to a contender (that I can remember, anyway--although I missed a few years living in Europe). In my book, he's a genuine Boston sports hero. That's one of the things I like about the Celtics, actually--they seem like good guys. And they practice in the town where I live. :biggrin:

LMc44

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 19 2008, 02:42 AM) [snapback]167124[/snapback]
So, I guess you think he was faking, then? It's possible, I suppose. I was very happy for him, though.

In my book, he's a genuine Boston sports hero.

Let's just say that it was dramatic and a Willis Reed wannabe act.

No doubt, he is now a Boston Legend and he has earned it.

Congrats bro.

I'm sick (and tired).

:ph34r:

LMc44

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 19 2008, 03:33 AM) [snapback]167137[/snapback]
Thanks, LMc. Living in Boston isn't always easy, so I enjoy these moments when I can.

Hell BF, you guys are kinda earning a monopoly on these championships lately. Sox, Pats and now The Celts. What a great time to be a drinking man in Boston. I'd be dead by now but don't worry about me, with the Lakers, Raiders and Dodgers I should live a full life. :angry:

Thank God for the Frogs

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Jun 17 2008, 11:21 PM) [snapback]166745[/snapback]
Just walked home from the bar. Incredible atmosphere there. What a game.

So, that's six championships in three different sports this decade. Boston--City of Champions!!!!!

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but you still have to live there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Better Boston do all the winning than ANY NY team.

damnyankeephrog

I still can't forgive my father for not letting us go to a Celtics game in Providence. The fact that we were all about 9 yrs old and had no sure ride home from what was then more than just a little seedy area not withstanding. Russell, Cousy, Havlicheck, the smell or Red's cigar....what a missed opportunity.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(TCU2314 @ Jun 19 2008, 10:31 AM) [snapback]167244[/snapback]
Yeah, but you still have to live there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Indeed. Imagine what it was like here in 2000 when all the local teams sucked.

Better Boston do all the winning than ANY NY team.

I actually like the Mets, but other than that I agree. At least we won't have to worry about the Knicks for the next decade or so. Can we get Isaiah Thomas involved with A&M football somehow? He destroys everything he touches...