• The KillerFrogs

Boise VS VT

Dogfrog

Nothing more they can do now (except maybe beat NM by 100). The point is what TCU could have done to prevented all this nail biting. Like maybe beating the crap out of SDSU instead of having a let down. Boise State seems to be able to bring it every week?

You must have voted for Obama? Can't believe you would blame TCU's situation on what Utah/Baylor/VT do? What kind of stupid logic is that. That's a "victim syndrome" for sure.

You are repeating the talking points at ESPN. I'll assume cable TV also dictates your political positions.

ATXFrog

Still happy about the decision?

Yes.. Boise win actually pulled us up with them. Like it or not, TCU/Boise are percieved as equals. Perhaps because the last two years we are 1-1 in close fought bowl games.

Without Boise winning it wouldn't have suprised me to see 1 loss teams ahead of us in the polls. Boise would have been called a fraud just like Utah.

in case you were wondering, I didn't root for San Diego St to score 35 points on us.. And I will be huge Nevada fan Friday.
But keep thinking small buddy!

Horny 4 Life

No the midway point of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game vs. SDSU is the reason we will be passed.Petersen plays the game.Patterson refuses to do so.Not knocking him. Just stating the reality of things.

I'm not sure what "game" you're referring to, but both coaches approach their teams games in ridiculously similar fashion. SDSU made plays and our D players fell asleep.

I love LHCGP, but I feel like every season we have a letdown of some sort, for just one game. I'm hoping that the SDSU game was our letdown for the season. That means we'll come out fired up and ready to go for the bowl game.

Dogfrog

I'm not sure what "game" you're referring to, but both coaches approach their teams games in ridiculously similar fashion. SDSU made plays and our D players fell asleep.

I love LHCGP, but I feel like every season we have a letdown of some sort, for just one game. I'm hoping that the SDSU game was our letdown for the season. That means we'll come out fired up and ready to go for the bowl game.

Peterson plays the game of pretending to be the class guy who won't run it up, which is why he attempted an onside kick after going up 14-0 early in the 1st Q vs. Idaho. Ever seen GP do that against an outclassed opponent? No.

Horny 4 Life

Peterson plays the game of pretending to be the class guy who won't run it up, which is why he attempted an onside kick after going up 14-0 early in the 1st Q vs. Idaho. Ever seen GP do that against an outclassed opponent? No.

No, but I have seen GP call throws into the endzone with big leads on teams that were outclassed. I've also seen him leave starters in blowouts well into the 4th. Besides, I have no problem with BSU running up the score on Idaho. If you take a look at that rivalry and how nasty it is, you might understand as well. It's like TCU/Baylor or TCU/SMU on superroids.

I have no problem with the way each coach runs their program. However, to not see the similarities is silly. The biggest difference, IMO, is how each coach chooses to handle the future opponents film problem. Patterson prefes the conservative approach, h plays thing close to the vest and doesn't show anything off. Hence, we see the same basic play run constantly when the team gets ahead. Patterson prefers the idea that you can surprise the future opponent by showing them something they've never seen before. Petersen prefers the sensory overload approach. He throws out gadget plays and formations/plays that BSU rarely runs. His approach is to give future opponents so many things to attempt to study that they can't reasonably hope to plan and practice for everything BSU will throw at them. Each approach has its merits and both obviously work well. Just because they're different doesn't make one less "classy" than the other.

IanforHeisman

Being up 14-0 and going for an onside kick is running up the score?

It's called burying your opponent early in my book. If Boise St was up 42-0 in the 4th then yes, but certainly not in the first.

Being up 14-0 and going for an onside kick is running up the score?

It's called burying your opponent early in my book. If Boise St was up 42-0 in the 4th then yes, but certainly not in the first.

Kicking an onside kick when you are up 14-0 in the first quarter against an opponent you completely and utterly outclass in every single facet of the game is, indeed, running up the score.

If we do that against New Mexico on Saturday you'll be screaming the same thing.

OmniscienceFrog

I am tired of people saying that our close game against SDSU was our reasoning for falling behind Boise State.

I'm quite sure a lot of people are tired of you saying it had nothing to do with it too, especially since you have no freakin idea whether it did or didn't, you just think it didn't.

bsufan99999

No, but I have seen GP call throws into the endzone with big leads on teams that were outclassed. I've also seen him leave starters in blowouts well into the 4th. Besides, I have no problem with BSU running up the score on Idaho. If you take a look at that rivalry and how nasty it is, you might understand as well. It's like TCU/Baylor or TCU/SMU on superroids.

I have no problem with the way each coach runs their program. However, to not see the similarities is silly. The biggest difference, IMO, is how each coach chooses to handle the future opponents film problem. Patterson prefes the conservative approach, h plays thing close to the vest and doesn't show anything off. Hence, we see the same basic play run constantly when the team gets ahead. Patterson prefers the idea that you can surprise the future opponent by showing them something they've never seen before. Petersen prefers the sensory overload approach. He throws out gadget plays and formations/plays that BSU rarely runs. His approach is to give future opponents so many things to attempt to study that they can't reasonably hope to plan and practice for everything BSU will throw at them. Each approach has its merits and both obviously work well. Just because they're different doesn't make one less "classy" than the other.

You know what you are talking about.

I think you nailed the characterizations, and I agree with you. They just have their own styles. What is also clear is that both fan bases appreciate the approach of their own coach.

berryfrog95

I think me and maybe 2 or 3 others on this board were pulling for Virginia Tech, and the rest of the board wanted Boise State to win.

I remember during that entire game how I was pleading with everyone why Boise State winning would be a bad thing.

I remember after the game, I made a thread about how the Boise State win would be hard to overcome.

I knew this was going to happen

i've never rooted for Boise EVER.....not sure why frog fans would??

1) they aren't in our conference
2) we didn't need to justify our loss to them indirectly by them winning other games
3) most of us thought we'd take care of business on our own this year for 12-0, which would have been good enough
4) we got to #3 without Boise's help last year!!
5) stupid blue turf

absolutely silly how things have turned into week 12 of the season.

Waccy Frog

i've never rooted for Boise EVER.....not sure why frog fans would??

1) they aren't in our conference
2) we didn't need to justify our loss to them indirectly by them winning other games
3) most of us thought we'd take care of business on our own this year for 12-0, which would have been good enough
4) we got to #3 without Boise's help last year!!
5) stupid blue turf

absolutely silly how things have turned into week 12 of the season.

For all practical purposes they are in our conference, because their final BCS standings will be assigned to the MWC. At the time of the Va Tech game, BYU was still safely in the fold and I was hoping to see TCU and BSU have great seasons and elevate our conference.

I rooted for Boise and as a result I enjoyed that game immensely. If I had rooted for Va Tech, the only thing that would have changed would have been my level of enjoyment. Congrats on having a miserable Labor Day - you sure showed me! Seriously, this idea that who any of us rooted for had any impact on the game is silly.

Besides, if Va Tech had won, they would probably be undefeated right now and we'd have to jump over them too (and listen to everyone say "Yeah sure TCU is better than Va Tech; Boise thought that too!"

That's a nice game of gotcha, but had Boise State lost the first game of the season, the amount of publicity and exposure we would have received the last 10 or 11 weeks would have been priceless.

Though it looks like it will all work out in the end, we can't just dismiss or ignore the opportunity costs.

Fortunately, this will all take care of itself in the future as BSU will either be in the same conference as us, or we'll be in an AQ conference.

TheSheik

That's a nice game of gotcha, but had Boise State lost the first game of the season, the amount of publicity and exposure we would have received the last 10 or 11 weeks would have been priceless.

Though it looks like it will all work out in the end, we can't just dismiss or ignore the opportunity costs.

Fortunately, this will all take care of itself in the future as BSU will either be in the same conference as us, or we'll be in an AQ conference.

Bout as nice a game of gotcha as the original post

Deep Purple

I think a lot of us don't really realize how much of an impact we actually have on the outcome of games by thought control. We all need to channel our thoughts very carefully starting right now. Who's with me? If you don't respond to this thread and help channel positive TCU thoughts, you are a terrible TCU fan and will be at fault when we are left out of the title game.

What's the matter? You don't believe in quantum physics?