• The KillerFrogs

Boise VS VT

Goodnight

I think me and maybe 2 or 3 others on this board were pulling for Virginia Tech, and the rest of the board wanted Boise State to win.

I remember during that entire game how I was pleading with everyone why Boise State winning would be a bad thing.

I remember after the game, I made a thread about how the Boise State win would be hard to overcome.

I knew this was going to happen

TnTx13

I was pulling for VT, too - and just how many of the BCS gomers remember that VT then lost to JAMES MADISON..... The BCS bias just gets more and more galling. And how about LSU? They should have lost to TN, who blew out Old Miss, who almost upset LSU today.... but I'm sure that's acceptable in the BCS universe.

Horny 4 Life

Yeah, because some TCU fan watching the game on TV in Texas and pulling for BSU really had any impact on the outcome. :wacko:

There's still football left to play. Save your self-congratulatory threads for the end of the season.

tcudoc

I can't believe I rooted for Boise!!! What have I done??!! I've sabotaged TCU yet again!! Arghhhh!!!
I think if I wear my lucky shirt and stab my Blue Boise State voodoo doll enough times this travesty can be corrected.
I think a lot of us don't really realize how much of an impact we actually have on the outcome of games by thought control. We all need to channel our thoughts very carefully starting right now. Who's with me? If you don't respond to this thread and help channel positive TCU thoughts, you are a terrible TCU fan and will be at fault when we are left out of the title game.

FROGDADDY

I can't believe I rooted for Boise!!! What have I done??!! I've sabotaged TCU yet again!! Arghhhh!!!
I think if I wear my lucky shirt and stab my Blue Boise State voodoo doll enough times this travesty can be corrected.
I think a lot of us don't really realize how much of an impact we actually have on the outcome of games by thought control. We all need to channel our thoughts very carefully starting right now. Who's with me? If you don't respond to this thread and help channel positive TCU thoughts, you are a terrible TCU fan and will be at fault when we are left out of the title game.

I know for a fact that if I hadn't been rooting for Boise from 2000 miles away while sitting on my couch that Va Tech would have won that game.

P

PurpleDaze

In 1893, Nikola Tesla noted: "A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature."

So if the Butterfly Effect is in play ... does it mean that if I had switched from rooting against Boise to rooting for Boise, Boise would have lost?

PurplePutt

Disagree. TCU is 11-0. This is out of their hands. Utah/Baylor/VT are the reasons TCU will be passed. Nothing more TCU can do.

Nothing more they can do now (except maybe beat NM by 100). The point is what TCU could have done to prevented all this nail biting. Like maybe beating the crap out of SDSU instead of having a let down. Boise State seems to be able to bring it every week?

You must have voted for Obama? Can't believe you would blame TCU's situation on what Utah/Baylor/VT do? What kind of stupid logic is that. That's a "victim syndrome" for sure.

Boomhauer

Nothing more they can do now (except maybe beat NM by 100). The point is what TCU could have done to prevented all this nail biting. Like maybe beating the crap out of SDSU instead of having a let down. Boise State seems to be able to bring it every week?

You must have voted for Obama? Can't believe you would blame TCU's situation on what Utah/Baylor/VT do? What kind of stupid logic is that. That's a "victim syndrome" for sure.

LMAO. Nice comeback. TCU could have beaten SDSU 50-7 and they still would have been passed by Boise. Nothing would have changed that. Boise was always going to pass TCU in the computers and would have passed TCU in the polls after the Nevada game as well. The SDSU score just meant they passed us in the polls two weeks earlier. They were going to pass us regardless of the SDSU score. Now back to your political preferences...

PurplePutt

LMAO. Nice comeback. TCU could have beaten SDSU 50-7 and they still would have been passed by Boise. Nothing would have changed that. Boise was always going to pass TCU in the computers and would have passed TCU in the polls after the Nevada game as well. The SDSU score just meant they passed us in the polls two weeks earlier. They were going to pass us regardless of the SDSU score. Now back to your political preferences...

Sorry, but I do not believe Boise State would have passed TCU in the polls if TCU would have slammed SDSU (and also SMU) worse. Pure speculation on your part.

Boomhauer

Sorry, but I do not believe Boise State would have passed TCU in the polls if TCU would have slammed SDSU (and also SMU) worse. Pure speculation on your part.

They wouldn't even have to pass us in the polls (although they would have). Their computer margin would have been enough to offset the very small lead we had after the Utah game. Just check out the article Jerry Palm wrote right after we beat Utah.

Goodnight

Wrong

Even if we beat SDSU 51-0, the polls still would have dropped us for Utah's loss to Notre Dame. Then the finishing kick would be Boise State passing us in the computers.

I am tired of people saying that our close game against SDSU was our reasoning for falling behind Boise State.

Frogs1983

Disagree. TCU is 11-0. This is out of their hands. Utah/Baylor/VT are the reasons TCU will be passed. Nothing more TCU can do.

No the midway point of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game vs. SDSU is the reason we will be passed.Petersen plays the game.Patterson refuses to do so.Not knocking him. Just stating the reality of things.

I think me and maybe 2 or 3 others on this board were pulling for Virginia Tech, and the rest of the board wanted Boise State to win.

Not true at all. Many people pointed out that BSU losing would be preferable.

The rationale I never understood was that we were somehow tied to BSU's hip, and if BSU lost, it would hurt us.

It doesn't take much to imagine where we would be right now if Boise had lost. We would be guaranteed a BCS bowl and would be on the cusp of playing for the national championship. If Boise beats Nevada convincingly on Friday, one of those is out the window completely, and the other is a big maybe.

They wouldn't even have to pass us in the polls (although they would have). Their computer margin would have been enough to offset the very small lead we had after the Utah game. Just check out the article Jerry Palm wrote right after we beat Utah.

And Brad Edwards and the BCS Guru both said that there was no way Boise could pass us after we beat Utah...

Of course, they didn't envision that the voters would suddenly have second thoughts due to the perfect storm of a close game against SDSU, and Utah losing to ND on the same day.

Moral to that story is to let things play out. Admittedly, it doesn't look good for us. But what if Utah State (instead of Nevada) takes Boise down to the wire? Stranger things have happened.