• The KillerFrogs

Bob Wager question?

82 Frog Fever

I get that but is anyone concerned that we have a HC who chose his buddys son to start 2022 at qb over Max, hired another buddys son to be OC this year and now has secretly added another buddy coach to the staff that noone knows about or am i alone in this?
Not one bit.
Those decisions are Sonny’s, and are part of the reason he makes $7.5m+/yr.
(He got a 50% raise after ‘22)
They likely require Donati’s approval for position coaches, and a more formal approval review process for coordinators.
For analysts, quality control, and contractors, like Wager, as long as Sonny is under budget, I doubt he‘s obligated to give Donati much more than a heads up.
Fans get no info on analysts, nor should they.

Your whole post is strange

Last edited:

ftwfrog

Ok let me clarify. I have absolutely no problem with coach Wager being on staff DUI or not. I have a problem that noine can answer what and when he joined the staff. It was a simple question which should have had a simple answer yet has delved into personal attacks. When a team hires a coach every fan should know whats going on. If a coach is going to hire a buddy we definitely should know
Yeah. First thing i thought of when i woke up this morning was, “how in the world can I get Scarlett Johansson to leave Colin Jost for my fat ass” and the second thing I thought was, “what time and date did the frogs hire Bob Wager”

It’s not that simple of an answer, because nobody else cares.

Beat OU!

Not one bit.
Those decisions are Sonny’s, and are part of the reason he makes $7.5m+/yr.
(He got a 50% raise after ‘22)
They likely require Donati’s approval for position coaches, and a more formal approval review process for coordinators.
For analysts, quality control, and contractors, like Wager, as long as Sonny is under budget, I doubt he‘s obligated to give Donati much more than a heads up.
Fans get no info on analysts, nor should they.

Your whole post is strange
A 50% raise to 7.5+ million after one season. Echos of Aggie jumping the gun with Jimbo after one good season. And there goes a good chunk of that supposedly very valuable P4 network TV money. And for some reason, according to some here, TCU was already spending much more annually on the athletics budget than Baylor, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. Only Sooners and Horns higher. Sheesh

Last edited:
I do not think that TCU needs to make a public announcement about all of the personnel moves in the Athletic Department. If Coach Wager has come on in some sort of probably minor role while he gets his life back in order, why does everybody need to know? Offering a helping hand to somebody who perhaps needs a bit of grace and forgiveness after blowing a big opportunity seems like a great thing to do.

froginaustin

Unless the position being filled is something like a high Church office, an employer that automatically disqualifies an applicant for something that is not (always) a crime of moral turpitude such as a DWI or a contested divorce is foolish on many levels.

Except for the Bobby Petrino, whose adultery became a national joke. Or the like.

I speculate that 90% of men here have driven illegally under the influence. Or maybe 90% over the age of 50. Not getting caught doesn’t make it excusable. Maybe the under 50 group is much lower because of the greater campaign against it and tougher enforcement. I am curious, so speak up. I did many times in my younger years, but no more.

82 Frog Fever

I speculate that 90% of men here have driven illegally under the influence. Or maybe 90% over the age of 50. Not getting caught doesn’t make it excusable. Maybe the under 50 group is much lower because of the greater campaign against it and tougher enforcement. I am curious, so speak up. I did many times in my younger years, but no more.
No doubt, I had some issues in the ‘80s & early ‘90s. Part of it was fostered by the 3 & 4 for 1 happy hours that every bar in town was allowed to serve. Some even had free food on a 2 drink minimum.
How about 4 shots of Turkey in 1 mason jar (two times) for some finger food to get the night started? I did that every night for over 10 years.

Would someone do us less informed faithful a favor and tell us…WHO THE HELL IS BOB WAGNER AND WHY WE SHOULD WE CARE? Thank you…
Bob Wager was a long time very successful coach at Arlington Martin High School. He left to join the coaching staff at Nebraska this year. I think he was tight ends coach? He unfortunately had a DWI shortly before the season started and was probably forced to resign.

82 Frog Fever

Bob Wager was a long time very successful coach at Arlington Martin High School. He left to join the coaching staff at Nebraska this year. I think he was tight ends coach? He unfortunately had a DWI shortly before the season started and was probably forced to resign.
I believe I saw a statement from Rhule praising Wager’s handling of the situation in taking full responsibility and resigning completely on his own. I believe Rhule is telling the truth.

One Frog Nation

I remember coming out of the HOP a few times late at night but that is all I should share...........

HG73

Sounds like an outstanding hire to me. Local connections, good reputation.
There but for the grace of God go I.

Spike

I get that but is anyone concerned that we have a HC who chose his buddys son to start 2022 at qb over Max, hired another buddys son to be OC this year and now has secretly added another buddy coach to the staff that noone knows about or am i alone in this?
You are the only one. You and your 47 ladies.

Spike

Yeah. First thing i thought of when i woke up this morning was, “how in the world can I get Scarlett Johansson to leave Colin Jost for my fat ass” and the second thing I thought was, “what time and date did the frogs hire Bob Wager”

It’s not that simple of an answer, because nobody else cares.

Beat OU!
I thought you were married, sir! That might be was SJ keeps rejecting your advances.

Who is Bob Wager anyway?