• The KillerFrogs

Blessings for Port A and Harvey survivors

Opintel

Moderators
Global warming, for whatever reason, is real. Things will only get worse.

Arguments are silly, make the best move for your family...pray for those who don't have options.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Arguments are silly, make the best move for your family...pray for those who don't have options.

The devastation was caused by a cold front not allowing Harvey to move inland, not Global Warming. Hardly the the only bad storm on the Gulf.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

How does that explain the previous 11 years without a major hurricane making landfall in the US?

I'm ok with opinions on this matter and happy to listen to alternative viewpoints but this one in particular is tired and reactionary.

BleedNPurple

We have some 5000 years of history but global warming started in the 70’s spoon fed in our education system. Right up there with Trump and Russia, yawn!

Realtorfrog

It's really sad in Port Aransas. Devastation even worse than I expected. Our condo had very little damage but so many in the actual town in the wooden structures were beyond repair. Almost 200 structures have been or will be torn down. We were down about a month ago and the only hotel open was the shark reef inn. Four restaurants were open on the island. The souvenir shops are all closed and several will be torn down and rebuilt. I don't see much rental property or hotels being ready for business until mid summer. A lot is happening and lots of positive things going on...... it we will rebuild but it's not a quick fix!!!

It's hard to believe the power of wind!!

Opintel

Moderators
Sorry - I changed the point of this thread. Prayers to all the victims of the horrible weather events over the last couple of years.

BleedNPurple

Thank you for straightening the thread Opintel. My condo was almost destroyed. Many fires lost everything. Hurricanes are a pinball - we haven’t had a major one for 11 years and may not have another one for another 11. My boat was In Guadalupe and we had major storms 60 Miles East in the Caribean but while Tortola, St Martin, Puerto Rico, and Turks were devastated the storms missed a lot of places they coul have hit. Hurricanes start at about 1 degree or 60 miles north of the equator. I study this stuff and have all my life - global warming? Stupid stuff!