• The KillerFrogs

Blacklock video .......

Moose Stuff

He can move up several rounds to first round if he stays for Junior year. Top ten if he stays through Senior year, if he is a good as we think he will be. Needs experience and physical maturity after this year to really move up. Otherwise he could just add to long list of TCU flops who left early, but could have had good careers if they had waited another year. Depends on his family and what kind of sleezeballs try to convince him to leave early.

I’m confused..... physical maturity? Have you ever seen Ross Blacklock before???????

ShadowFrog

Moderators
He can move up several rounds to first round if he stays for Junior year. Top ten if he stays through Senior year, if he is a good as we think he will be. Needs experience and physical maturity after this year to really move up. Otherwise he could just add to long list of TCU flops who left early, but could have had good careers if they had waited another year. Depends on his family and what kind of sleezeballs try to convince him to leave early.
Fully concur.
That’s what speed-dial is for.
GP hears of a player wanting to cash-in “early.”
Kid, come’re, fast beeping sound, hands over cellphone to player who says into phone:

“Who’s this?”

“I’m Ladanian Tomlinson. Listen to Coach P. Stay in school & graduate. Then call ME. Here’s my number.”

“But...you don’t even know who I am!”

“Exactly. I tell every player that when Coach P calls me. Any questions?!”

Eight

really not that complicated when it comes to his draft future. first, continue to bust your ass getting ready, dominate , and when the season ends simply ask for the draft projection from the nfl.

don't listen to what the agents or family tell you, but listen to what the people who do it for a living tell you. not the freaking talking heads on espn or nfl network or the guys who do 200 mock drafts a year. none on them have a thing at stake because a day after the draft they just starting throwing [ Finebaum ] on the wall for next years draft.

basically what ben did and while the mock people rated him up the nfl people told him they needed more tape, get stronger, and do a better job on the edge against the run.

one thing ross does have going for him is you can't teach being 6'4" and 330+, you can develop it, but you can't teach it.

Limp Lizard

I’m confused..... physical maturity? Have you ever seen Ross Blacklock before???????
Blacklock has a great body... for a 19-20 year old. But he will gain in strength, size and coordination over the next few years. Lots of small, secondary muscles will grow and strengthen over the years. In the NFL, a rookie has to join 25+ YO players who were like Blacklock when they were his age, and are much, much more now. Also, young players, even big, strong young players get injured more than older players.

Chico Dusty

Blacklock has a great body... for a 19-20 year old. But he will gain in strength, size and coordination over the next few years. Lots of small, secondary muscles will grow and strengthen over the years. In the NFL, a rookie has to join 25+ YO players who were like Blacklock when they were his age, and are much, much more now. Also, young players, even big, strong young players get injured more than older players.

There is no data to support your last sentence. And there are plenty of players who leave early and thrive in the NFL. Each year we are getting more talented players, so it’s safe to assume that we will have some guys leave early and do well.