• The KillerFrogs

Black Out pt.2

TCU2012

Heard that we are wearing All-Blacks with a gray helmet (to which I interpret as the original pro-combat helmet.) Anyone else heard similar?

Of course, I heard this from some athletic trainer sitting outside of chipotle smoking a ciggy. (But seriously)

TCU2012

lolz
obama-change-poster.jpg

gdu

The all-blacks looked great vs. Baylor, but I think we should wear purple for homecoming. If we do go black/black, think the purple helmets would look better with that than grey.

bscttyb

Coach GP said on his radio show that yes, they will be wearing the original combat uniforms from the first game tomorrow night, and for the last game, they will be wearing purple tops, and white bottoms, to send off the carter in school colors!

gdu

Interesting.

Did he say which helmets/pants for tomorrow?

Don't think our home purple tops will look good with our road white pants (too much black on the tops and no black or white on the pants) but I appreciate the effort to wear purple/white for the last home game in ACS as we know it.

joefrog91

Coach GP said on his radio show that yes, they will be wearing the original combat uniforms from the first game tomorrow night, and for the last game, they will be wearing purple tops, and white bottoms, to send off the carter in school colors!

I'm confused. If he said original combat uniforms, wouldn't that be last year's version? Or did you just mean the Pro Combat unis from the first game?

bscttyb

Sorry, he said they will be wearing the this years pro combat jersey with black pants and this years combat helmet (white). So essentially looking like an all black uni tomorrow and then last game, We are going with purple top and pure white bottom with purple helmet.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Black pro combat unis would be perfect for a black out. I'm all for wearing purple, but nothing wrong with having a little fun creating an intimidating atmosphere. If the fans can come together for something like that it is one more reason for CGP to choose to be our JoPa.

gdu

Did you even read what you responded to? I said we wore purple helmets (as opposed to rivalry grey) vs. Baylor and you said nope.