• The KillerFrogs

Biggest OOC Game in Patterson Era?

Biggest OOC Game in Patterson Era?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Sugar

True- sizeable latitude change coming down to Jerryworld should tOSU hiccup this weekend. Look for "magnetic North" to be the "body clock" of 2018.
Scene from the Gaylord in December:
tumblr_o3accpE8Bf1v9enl8o1_500.gif

LSU Game Attendee

Sure but it's true. Ohio State, besides Clemson is basically the 2nd or 3rd best program in the country. Bama clear cut #1.

Beating them would be huge especially considering both teams are similar in turnover and we lost Ross Blacklock.
Can't we just rig up a peg leg with a spotbilt shoe sturdily glued on the end to get Blacklock out on the field?! At least I'm starting to feel better with Collier coming back. Once I get a few $9 Miller Lites on Saturday, I'll be certain of victory.

Eight

Can't we just rig up a peg leg with a spotbilt shoe sturdily glued on the end to get Blacklock out on the field?! At least I'm starting to feel better with Collier coming back. Once I get a few $9 Miller Lites on Saturday, I'll be certain of victory.

you are talking about the heb special for a 12 pack of 10 oz cans right?

Limp Lizard

you are talking about the heb special for a 12 pack of 10 oz cans right?
I think he was referring to what you pay at Jerryworld. Still remember at the Rose Bowl a plastic glass of beer was $10! Eight years ago. And no, I didn't bite and was sober for the entire game(had a couple of Margaritas in the pregame tailgate, though). Still cramped up at the hotel after the game, for some reason, though.

But I have never, ever, come even close to the euphoria after that game. And I have never seen such a HUGE totally drunk bunch of people as the Wisky fans.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Any day you play a Top-5 team it's a BD.

If TCU, as the '3rd best' B-12 team, beats the best B1G team, that's a bonus for the national perception, not only for our program, but also for our league.

-- Huge TV audience,
-- ESPN gameday giving TCU $250,000 worth of free publicity,
-- A crowd likely to exceed or match any other we'll have all year,
-- The Gordon Gee historical insult (still simmering away),
-- An opponent whose hubris may even exceed that of THE Bovine,
-- Revenge for the comittee's gutless hosing of us in 2014,
-- Our coach clearly on the moral high ground vs. our opponent's.

All the stars are seeming to line up to boost the significance of this game for Our Heroes into the stratosphere.

Buckeye

There are other schools in Ohio? I never would've guessed. I guess the State University of Ohio accepts everyone that applies? That's why they are so large?

TCU is the 2nd most selective school in TX, btw (behind Rice). We can only accommodate so many "top of the class" students each year. Legacy students don't even make it in, many times, regardless of the tuition.

I'm kinda kidding, but not completely. With a student base that State University of Ohio has, combined with the cheap attendance costs, it can't be too hard to get in.

My kids can go anywhere they want to, but if they want to go to UTx, tSUO, BYU, ND, UGa, OU, or Baylor, I'm not paying a red cent. There may be others, but those are the ones off the top of my head. Screw Bama, too. Almost any SEC school, come to think about it.

Only kidding with you! SUO's last school president would famously troll TCU fans by calling the school and their opponents "The Little Sisters of the Poor". They are fair game, I'm just looking out for the [ the old ricardo ]roaches (history lesson). They probably don't deserve it, lol.

You would be wrong to assume that OSU is not selective. It’s true they are large, but there is competition.. The 2017 freshman class averaged an ACT score of 29.2. According to TCU’s website, their 2017 class averaged an ACT score of 27.

ShreveFrog

This is the biggest because it could propel us to a shot at a natty. Something the '05 OU, Clemson, Oregon State and Wisconsin wins could not do -- as great as those wins were.

Scarlet n Grey

You would be wrong to assume that OSU is not selective. It’s true they are large, but there is competition.. The 2017 freshman class averaged an ACT score of 29.2. According to TCU’s website, their 2017 class averaged an ACT score of 27.

Attachments

• 5CCF5BF0-C4FC-425A-A75C-8A0856F651DB.jpeg
    5CCF5BF0-C4FC-425A-A75C-8A0856F651DB.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A967C6DB-996D-4AA6-9E1E-F7C7743CC4CD.jpeg
    A967C6DB-996D-4AA6-9E1E-F7C7743CC4CD.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 11

Snoop1122

Right now, it would have to be OU because it catapulted us forward as a program. We could still have a great season even if we lose this game. If this game is even close game, it can still help us as far as the playoffs are concerned.

WhatTheFrog

You funny! TCU is a destination school that most don't get into. Your screen shows that 73% of TCU applicants get into their top 3 choices, which are pretty selective to begin with. The State University of Ohio is one of those "well, crap, I didn't get in where I wanted to. I guess I'll go to tSUO."

We have smart kids, y'all have Ohio kids. Worse yet, you probably have Michiganians (is that a word?). It's ok, y'all keep moving to TX for good jobs and opportunities.

It COULD, but I'm not sure it's as big now that we are in a P5 conference. Remember, we were one of the "Little Sisters of the Poor" during those games. Now we may only be one of the "Little Sisters of the Middle Class".

It's definitely a "must win" for Ohio University.

It's not a must win. Ohio State still has @ 11 Penn State, @ 25 Michigan State, 19 Michigan and vs. 6 Wisconsin.

By the way, I don't think it's a must win for TCU either. They still have OU (potentially twice), and WVU.

Scarlet n Grey

You funny! TCU is a destination school that most don't get into. Your screen shows that 73% of TCU applicants get into their top 3 choices, which are pretty selective to begin with. The State University of Ohio is one of those "well, crap, I didn't get in where I wanted to. I guess I'll go to tSUO."

We have smart kids, y'all have Ohio kids. Worse yet, you probably have Michiganians (is that a word?). It's ok, y'all keep moving to TX for good jobs and opportunities.

your “smart kids” had lower ACT scores and go to a lower ranked university but ok.

jake102

your “smart kids” had lower ACT scores and go to a lower ranked university but ok.

At the end of the day it’s a public school in a struggling state while we are a private school in the fastest growing state in the nation

Not to mention we don’t need Ohio kids to compete... you have to reach across the country to field your team

Eight

wait.....i thought the academic smack talk didn't start until next week when we played texas.

sorry, you can only use the 2014 play-offs to taunt tcu fans and we can only use urban meyer/zac smith to taunt you.

you apparent you didn't read the posting guidelines

Frog-in-law1995

SMH. That’s an ad for a college prep online study program. Just stop. Ohio State is a great school.

Latest posts