• The KillerFrogs

Biggest Game In BE Lax History Tonight

TexanMark

#1 Notre Dame at #4 Syracuse 6pm Texas Time on ESPNU

15,000 expected to attend on a beautiful Upstate NY Day. Too bad it is indoors.

If TCU can put 20 men on the women's basketball practice squad you too can add Men's Lax and make Title IX nums. :tongue:

halfwaytoheaven

#1 Notre Dame at #4 Syracuse 6pm Texas Time on ESPNU

15,000 expected to attend on a beautiful Upstate NY Day. Too bad it is indoors.

If TCU can put 20 men on the women's basketball practice squad you too can add Men's Lax and make Title IX nums. :tongue:

Upgrading from club LAX to Div 1 has been discussed. We could manage that if we added softball ...

Stiff Arm Frog

First of all: Go Syracuse!

Second of all: Upgrading Lacrosse would be pretty sweet, but here's a map of all the teams in the US that play D-1 lacrosse. As you can see, it would basically be us, Air Force, and Denver being the only schools west of the Mississippi that would have teams.

NCAA_Division_I_lacrosse_map.png

TexanMark

First of all: Go Syracuse!

Second of all: Upgrading Lacrosse would be pretty sweet, but here's a map of all the teams in the US that play D-1 lacrosse. As you can see, it would basically be us, Air Force, and Denver being the only schools west of the Mississippi that would have teams.

NCAA_Division_I_lacrosse_map.png

Well the good news is you would be automatically invited into the premier lacrosse league in the country. You play BE teams and fill out your schedule with the schools a little closer. Also, Private schools have a huge advantage over state land grant schools in lacrosse.

\The game is on right now...WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW an 75 yard pass for a score. Cuse up 4-2 at the end of the 1st

I think it would be great to add men's & women's lacrosse. Garvey-Rosenthal is such a great facility (especially with the recent field house addition)... it would be awesome to use it more, especially since lacrosse is such a big deal in the Big East.

Opintel

Moderators
Womens Softball would be awesome, and we only need a field to do it. Aye, there's the rub - where to put the field? The amount of talent in Texas is huge, so finding players is not that hard. TCU could be competitive in a couple of years.

We already have the field for Froggie Lacrosse, and the core is there in the club team.

We need a location for the softball field, and, of course, a wealthy benefactor to toss a bag of $$$ on CDC's desk. The good vibes with our soon to be conference mates would be huge! Plus, the B12 (-2) plays Women's Softball, and there are others around to get series started with (SEC?). Do they play Women's Softball in the BEast?

Bus trip anyone? :tongue:

Stiff Arm Frog

Is that the sport for people that suck at football and don't know how to ice skate?

Actually, it's the sport for people who aren't 6'5", who don't weigh 250+ lbs., and who think soccer is silly. Lacrosse is an awesome sport, and TCU could set the standard as an early adapter in Texas. We have the perfect stadium for it and are joining the perfect conference for it. Adding lacrosse would also get us some exposure with some of those prestigious east coast universities.

The only problem is, as others have said, Title 9. We already have women's equestrian and riflery (which we rock at). Softball isn't happening because no one is putting up the money for a stadium when our basketball arena needs a major upgrade. Are there any other women's sports we could add?

Women's Sports:
-Basketball
-Tennis
-Soccer
-Equestrian
-Riflery
-Cross Country
-Swimming
-Track
-Golf
-Volleyball

I guess we could always nix men's Track or Cross Country, as long as we kept the other one. Or better yet, we could offer scholarships for Cheerleading! I'd be okay for having even more beautiful women on this campus, though I suppose at some point it becomes rude just to hog them all. . .

Texas Otto

Actually, it's the sport for people who aren't 6'5", who don't weigh 250+ lbs., and who think soccer is silly. Lacrosse is an awesome sport, and TCU could set the standard as an early adapter in Texas. We have the perfect stadium for it and are joining the perfect conference for it. Adding lacrosse would also get us some exposure with some of those prestigious east coast universities.

The only problem is, as others have said, Title 9. We already have women's equestrian and riflery (which we rock at). Softball isn't happening because no one is putting up the money for a stadium when our basketball arena needs a major upgrade. Are there any other women's sports we could add?

Women's Sports:
-Basketball
-Tennis
-Soccer
-Equestrian
-Riflery
-Cross Country
-Swimming
-Track
-Golf
-Volleyball

I guess we could always nix men's Track or Cross Country, as long as we kept the other one. Or better yet, we could offer scholarships for Cheerleading! I'd be okay for having even more beautiful women on this campus, though I suppose at some point it becomes rude just to hog them all. . .

If you added both men's and women's lax wouldn't TCU stay in balance regarding title IX? By the way awesome win by the Cuse on national television! :biggrin:

mcdaddy

Folks over here in Dallas (Park Cities, technically) think Lacrosse is dumb live.

My first grader is begging for a pair of some gawdawful LAX shorts that all the kids are wearing--something like this:
BIG.jpg

Reminds me of 80s skater shorts.

Stiff Arm Frog

If you added both men's and women's lax wouldn't TCU stay in balance regarding title IX? By the way awesome win by the Cuse on national television! :biggrin:

Ah, I didn't know they had women's lacrosse! Fantastic! Let's do this, and get even more women on campus! Everybody wins (except for those east coast universities, who miss out on beautiful Texas lacrosse-playing women. This move might not garner points for us with those schools, after all).