• The KillerFrogs

Big10 expansion, plus resulting frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdub

It's hard for me to see TCU coming out in a better situation than it's already in, after a general realignment of conferences, like what's about to happen.

Don't like it.

gdu

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 19 2010, 02:27 PM) [snapback]546586[/snapback]
It's hard for me to see TCU coming out in a better situation than it's already in, after a general realignment of conferences, like what's about to happen.

Don't like it.

another thread on this? Why wouldn't you post in one of the other 111 or so?

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 19 2010, 09:33 AM) [snapback]546587[/snapback]
another thread on this? Why wouldn't you post in one of the other 111 or so?

Well, he brought a lot of new information into the fold, a real fresh perspective based solely on facts and unquestionable rationale.... just wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

fdub

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 19 2010, 09:43 AM) [snapback]546590[/snapback]
Well, he brought a lot of new information into the fold, a real fresh perspective based solely on facts and unquestionable rationale.... just wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

glad you got my back, bro. :angry:

Expansion's back in the news, with the Big10 suddenly talking about expanding in a few months, not 18 or so.

It's pertinent again, like it hasn't been in about 5 years.

gdu

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 19 2010, 02:49 PM) [snapback]546593[/snapback]
glad you got my back, bro. :angry:

Expansion's back in the news, with the Big10 suddenly talking about expanding in a few months, not 18 or so.

It's pertinent again, like it hasn't been in about 5 years.

true, which is why multiple new threads were started over the weekend on the exact same topic.

fdub

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 19 2010, 09:52 AM) [snapback]546595[/snapback]
true, which is why multiple new threads were started over the weekend on the exact same topic.

link to 'em for those of us who don't live on KF.C during the weekends.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 19 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]546586[/snapback]

Don't like it.

I ain't worried about it. I see it just the opposite as you.

If Big 10 goes to 14 (as the article suggests) and rapes the Big East, the Big East is done as a BCS conference and the MWC will fill in (which will probably happen anyway).

If the Big 10 grabs one or more Big 12 schools and goes to 14 or even 16 the Big 12 will have slots to fill.

I would be worried if TCU wasn't a perennial top 10 football program and with a baseball program headed in that direction. Hell, the MWC might end up being in a position to add a few and be the demise of the Big 12, especially if UT were to bolt. Too many variables to think about. But.....I ain't worried---yet.

gdu

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 19 2010, 02:58 PM) [snapback]546604[/snapback]
link to 'em for those of us who don't live on KF.C during the weekends.

at least one on the front page, and it was directly below this thread a second ago. You didn't even look.

Trelvis

I agree, I would like to thank this poster for bringing this great insight to the forum and starting a new post about it...

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I am still up in the air on it but as soon as the ash clears and we get a better perspective of the situation in its entirety I feel confident that at that point the correct path of flight will be plotted and we will see results that will be favorable to our position in the realm of which we will operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.