• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

East Coast

Tier 1
Apple folks, famously tight-lipped, made it known they weren't happy about the accelerated timetable nor the deal terms being leaked (in part). I'm not sure this is a deadline as much as it is a withdrawal (my intuition).
I can personally attest to the tight lipped part. I worked for a company that was in Apple's supply chain. Their NDA was comprehensive, and people far deeper in the organization than you would expect had to individually sign. (even employees in accounts receivable and shipping). During the qualification phase, the employees on the manufacturing line were not told what customer's product they were working on.

The Bad Guy

Yes, Crow is a complete idiot. He adamantly supported Larry Scott to the very end, and it’s exactly the same with George K.
His all out quest to gain AAU status has driven nearly all of ASU’s sports teams straight into the toilet. If it wasn’t for UA Pres. Robbins taking charge of this situation, Crow would have driven them straight off a cliff in this instance.

The good news is ASU is a sleeping giant starting to dig itself out of a deep dark hole. If they are able to achieve some on the field success at some point with this move, they could be a monster program.
I visited their campus a few years back and I thought it was pretty bad ass. Would love to catch a Tcu game there, their stadium felt like it was in the mountain. Scenery was pretty good that way too ;)

East Coast

Tier 1
This same media did not shed one tear about the death of the SWC. This same media also would have not shed one tear had the Big 12 been killed off as well.
Yes they did, but media was not the same then. You needed to subscribe to multiple sports magazines (I think I had 2 at the time) to get a national take. Now, if you were in Texas, when the 2 biggest brands and 2 others jumped, the local news and papers were singing the party line as loud as they could.

If Big 12 could get Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, for the Big 12 football and basketball could be awesome. Then a basketball only conference deal could make a ton of cash.

Traveling Frog

Yes, Crow is a complete idiot. He adamantly supported Larry Scott to the very end, and it’s exactly the same with George K.
His all out quest to gain AAU status has driven nearly all of ASU’s sports teams straight into the toilet. If it wasn’t for UA Pres. Robbins taking charge of this situation, Crow would have driven them straight off a cliff in this instance.

The good news is ASU is a sleeping giant starting to dig itself out of a deep dark hole. If they are able to achieve some on the field success at some point with this move, they could be a monster program.
this is true. The issue for ASU athletics is Crow has all the influential support he needs to do what he wants. As long as he is there athletics takes back seat and he will Be there for a long time.

82 Frog Fever

I can take 'em or leave 'em. I'm good with 14 and hold for a few years or WHENEVER FSU figures out how to blow up the ACC.
It would be really nice if some of these schools & ESPN would take a step back and let this simmer for about 5 years. I would like the chance to watch and enjoy what the B12 could become with these 14-16+ teams.

All this streaming stuff really is the future, but it needs 5 or so years to grow & improve. The B12s next negotiating window may be timed perfectly in that regard.