• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

Palliative Care

Then why would they not jump on the bandwagon in the Big12. Are they waiting for the fairy god mother ESPN to save them. If so then maybe they are too delusional to bring aboard.

asleep003

I think this whole thing is done. None of the teams wanting to join the B1GSEC bring enough money. Not even Clem or FSU, and certainly not Oregon, Washington or Miami or UNC. And the SEC teams don't want to help those ACC teams who they already compete with now.
ND will spend the next two years extracting whatever they want/need from NBC to comfortably stay independent.
This round is done although it will drag on for the two years ND has left on their NBC deal.

The remaining PAC teams have a decision to make: starve in a PAC10, starve in an Alliance of Suckers with the ACC, or make $56mil in the Big12.

Some may give up football and with those deficits they probably should.
Just curious, where that figure is... even if just the PAC 4 corner teams would receive 56 million each, or $900,000,000 for the Big12 in 2024.

FOX is promoting and making a game of the BIG TEN poaching other conferences. I guess they feel no conflict of interest with the Big 12. Does this suggest FOX has no interest in contract renewals with the Big 12 and PAC?

This was a July 1 tweet from FOX that I shared today, and now it has coincidentally been deleted, poof. Wish I had copied it. FOX and ESPN are shameless boobs.

Last edited:

Eight

If we can get Amazon or another streamer to pony up, Why not convince OUT to stay and take UW and OU. With that you can crawfish the SEC and watch the world burn.

texas is convinced all their problems and shortcomings on the field are not because of their issues, but that they have been saddled with the burden of financially carrying the big 12 and are being drug down on the field and in recruiting by the dead weight on the big 12.

there only way to find success is leaving the big 12 as the biggest fish in the pond and go to the sec where they will be just another school that thinks they are the biggest swinging dick in the conference

that might not make any sense, but settle does anything that comes out of austin

Palliative Care

Image is everything to UT and always has been. A&M had finally had enough of them and left primary because of Texas. The same can be said of Nebraska.
In the SEC they think that they will pay their way to immediate success by spending a bundle in the NIL. Perhaps they will but I think that they will feel the lumps before this happens. Still they will feel that they are naturally superior to everyone else in the SEC. After all they are the University of Texas.
Anti nausea medication is now recommended

Dman890

texas is convinced all their problems and shortcomings on the field are not because of their issues, but that they have been saddled with the burden of financially carrying the big 12 and are being drug down on the field and in recruiting by the dead weight on the big 12.

there only way to find success is leaving the big 12 as the biggest fish in the pond and go to the sec where they will be just another school that thinks they are the biggest swinging dick in the conference

that might not make any sense, but settle does anything that comes out of austin
I tend to think fans and boosters think this way, but I think most realize UT lack of success has no root in the big 12. They are moving to sec bc of the money and bc they will play big state schools every week versus the mostly lackluster remaining big 12 (harsh but true).

All that said scheiss em forever

ShreveFrog

I think this whole thing is done. None of the teams wanting to join the B1GSEC bring enough money. Not even Clem or FSU, and certainly not Oregon, Washington or Miami or UNC. And the SEC teams don't want to help those ACC teams who they already compete with now.

ND will spend the next two years extracting whatever they want/need from NBC to comfortably stay independent.
But how can you have a credible national championship among the 2 superconferences (if that's a goal) if you exclude teams like Clemson, Oregon and possibly (gag, I know) Notre Dame?

Real Frog

Totally Agree! With the numbers they are talking $100 million per school no one is left, even UCLA did not bring that kind of money to the BIG 10, they can think USC and LA market. For the SEC/Big 10 to add anyone else besides Notre Dame at this point is diminishing returns. Numbers are out of control.

asleep003

Ideologically they’re definitely more west coast than heartland USA though
Borders Oklahoma and 50 miles from Texas...plus 3 very large states away from the West Coast. Maybe in some parts you may be right, but their rural area might as well be Texas... and Austin, itself with out the Govt, is more progressive than Denver.

Brog

Borders Oklahoma and 50 miles from Texas...plus 3 very large states away from the West Coast. Maybe in some parts you may be right, but their rural area might as well be Texas... and Austin, itself with out the Govt, is more progressive than Denver.
You've gotta be a map expert to know that Colorado is only 50 miles from Texas. And a dusty 50 miles, too.

Klaw

Push back for the B12 to be in the driver's seat comes from four initials: E S P N
They have always viewed the B12 without OU and UT with distain. They want us to go far away and be a small nothing.
Getting PAC teams upset their plans. This part of the country to ESPN is primarily SEC territory. They want no completion.
This is where FOX and CBS with no SEC football can put together a good TV contract to attract the PAC schools plus Screw ESPN

Last edited: