• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

peacock

If the Big 12 really cared about this particular metric, they wouldn't have added the four/all four after TX/OU left

Momentum now building for New Big-12 to stand pat at 12!

Big-12 AD's worried about losing $$ with weak PAC-12 additions!
Big 12 ADs and CEOs need to decide if right now revenue or killing the Pac-12 is the most important thing... you can't have both.....

If you say money...then each school will get a much bigger revenue share (12 instead of 16) but the Pac-12 lives to fight another day and the expected CFP jackpot in 2025 will be split by 5 conferences instead of 4....

If you say kill the Pac-12, then you will make less money in the short term but would be in line to get a bigger chunk of the CFP pie. Last year the Pac-12 could have easily put a bullet in the Big 12 but chose money over expanding...I wonder if they are regretting that decision now!

Last edited:

Froggish

Big 12 ADs and CEOs need to decide if right now revenue or killing the Pac-12 is the most important thing... you can't have both.....i

f you say money...then each school will get a much bigger revenue share (12 instead of 16) but the Pac-12 lives to fight another day and the expected CFP jackpot in 2025 will be split by 5 conferences instead of 4....

If you say kill the Pac-12, then you will make less money in the short term but would be in line to get a bigger chunk of the CFP pie. Last year the Pac-12 could have easily put a bullet in the Big 12 but chose money over expanding...I wonder if they are regretting that decision now!

asleep003

Have been advocating CU and ASU only, from the 4 Rocky Mountain candidates, to be part of the proposed expansion. UA at around
1,000,000 MSA and Utah having to split 3.3 million state pop. with BYU(?), aren't the viewer$hip levels we're looking to negotiate with.

Last edited:

Purp

If the Big 12 really cared about this particular metric, they wouldn't have added the four/all four after TX/OU left.
Been curious what you're hearing going on in the background lately while things have calmed down over the last week or two. Is it all just waiting for the 30 day eval period for the PAC to expire or is it looking more and more likely that nothing else will change until the B1G and/or SEC make another move?

ETA: If the latter, that will be fascinating to watch as the PAC tries to work out their next TV deal. Can't imagine U Dub, Oregon, or Stanford will be too keen on signing a long term grant of rights. Without a grant of rights holding that group together I can't imagine the league could survive very long. It seems like the former has to be most likely.

Been curious what you're hearing going on in the background lately while things have calmed down over the last week or two. Is it all just waiting for the 30 day eval period for the PAC to expire or is it looking more and more likely that nothing else will change until the B1G and/or SEC make another move?

ETA: If the latter, that will be fascinating to watch as the PAC tries to work out their next TV deal. Can't imagine U Dub, Oregon, or Stanford will be too keen on signing a long term grant of rights. Without a grant of rights holding that group together I can't imagine the league could survive very long. It seems like the former has to be most likely.
Honestly just been heads down and super busy, haven't been paying close attention. It is true the PAC is on ice until early August, but lots of jockeying is going on behind the scenes I'm sure. I still think the ACC is pretty firm with their GOR and believe the SEC and BIG have less of an appetite to expand (right now) than everyone realizes.

swcfrog

Does the average fan give a rat’s rear end about football revenue? No, unless you’re one of the greedy ADs or administrators. All the fan wants is a football game…a college football game—but it has degraded into a slimier version of the NFL. Most are sick of the loss of a great sport. NIL has helped to ruin the game along with the few at the top who want to arrange their own college monopoly. I’m through watching. A 2A high school game should be more entertaining.

Limey Frog

Here's a direct link to that article:

I never know how much you can trust ESPN stories about this stuff, given how involved the company is in it all happening a certain way.

But hopefully this indicates that things aren't going well for George Kliakav in his attempts to drum up a fancy new media deal.

Certainly ESPN has more invested in steering the Pac toward the ACC. I just don't see how they can arrange that without having the ACC sign something. And if they sign anything there's a legal argument to be made that is a new rights deal and the GOR is nullified. Two thirds of the ACC can't risk that.

Eight

I'm really excited about being back in a conference with BYU, because Zoobs are all so bloody annoying it feels really good to beat them.

Now, if we can just get back to being good at football...

i would gladly give up the feeling of beating byu if it meant that were destined to lanquish in the the never ending hell of being an independent those arrogant, notre dame wannabes