• The KillerFrogs

Bengals vs. Jets

Frog-in-law1995

I'll bet they're contemplating drafting Pryor tomorrow. No offense to Dalton, but they'd be dumb not to. If nothing else, they'd sell about 150,000 jerseys within a couple of days.

Here's a question for those that follow the NFL a lot more than me... Why are people saying Pryor will go in the 3rd or 4th round in the Supplemental Draft? Has anyone ever come out of that and produced? Seems like a no-brainer risk for teams like the Dolphins, Seahawks, Bengals, Browns, Vikings, Cardinals, Redskins, etc.
Nobody wants to give up a high pick in next year's draft for him. And Cris Carter was a 4th round supplemental pick.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Why am I not at all shocked that a Tech fan would be an advocate of striving for absolute mediocrity (in this case, less than mediocrity). That pretty much sums up the entire history of Texas Tech University.

The latin inscription on the bottom of the great seal of Texas Tech is "Lubbock" which translates roughly to "maximizing the minimum."

SEAL.jpg

asleep003

Dalton looked good if you watched the game, even the TV announcers were very excited esp. after he recovered and brought the Bengals close to the Jets at 10-7. His passes looks sharp, strong, and very accurate...yes, two INTs but it was not all his doing...his WRs were dropping balls all over.

Remember Peyton Manning had 22 INTs his rookie season and a 3-13 season. Dalton is probably going to have the same record. If he can get past the negative media and all the hatred through this season the Bengals future could be bright at him as their QB. Rookies usually have horrible first years. Sanchez his rookie season had 20 INTs, but their defense was awesome and drove them to the playoffs. It is not going to be an easy season for Dalton but I see a really good QB if he can take the punches from the negative press coming his way his rookie season, esp. with Baltimore and Pittsburgh in the division. Dalton will definitely be in my fantasy draft his sophmore season. I have faith in the red head QB.

If you look at the ground game.... it shows what's going on there. If they can't run at all this year; talk about teams teeing off on Andy.... Hope they simplify their offense, so they can figure out a way to protect him. He'll win a few games for them if they do that.

Young and Horned

Whoa, lets get one thing straight. The only reason Harrell is on the roster and not the practice squad anymore is because the NFL expanded the gameday roster. So lets not act like he is any good. Dude is far behind Flynn in Green Bay.

maximilian

Some Bengals fans already want to start Dalton, and go for broke towards Luck next year.

Sadly, he isn't doing much to quell their concerns. Green sure as hell isn't helping.

Young and Horned

Hard to look and see that statline for Andy. Picked him up as my backup. Mostly for him being Andy, but will probably release him because he just has all of the cards against him it seems. But, that is what makes him special. He finds ways to overcome when he needs to. I hope he continues that this year with the Bengals.

Nobody wants to give up a high pick in next year's draft for him. And Cris Carter was a 4th round supplemental pick.

Makes sense. I had no idea that's how it works. For anyone else that didn't know, apparently the rules are...

The league uses a weighted three-step system to determine the order of the supplemental draft. Below are the steps in order:

Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given an advantage over the following team. This process is continued until the process reaches the team with the best record among the available teams.

The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same process: worst record to best within group.

The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same system.

After the draft order is determined, each franchise submits the name of the player(s) they are interested in, as well as the round they are willing to draft that particular player in. The team that submits the highest bid (willing to offer the most) is awarded the rights to the player. If two (or more) teams are willing to give up the same pick from the same round, the team offering the highest pick in the round wins out.

Teams engaging in the supplemental draft and using a draft pick will forfeit their choice in the corresponding round of the next years NFL Draft.