• The KillerFrogs

Bengals.com: Dalton babies his receivers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Bengals.com: Dalton babies his receivers

Geoff Hobson, Editor
Bengals.com

Call it Camp Noah.

In the week they welcomed their first born, the Daltons hosted the Bengals wide receivers Monday for a barbecue dinner after a morning throwing session in Dallas.

“I’ve got a rock star for a wife,’ said quarterback Andy Dalton after the workout at Texas Christian.  “It’s got to be less than a week (after the birth) and the guys came in.

“It’s a good time. (Training camp is) coming up pretty fast.” ...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Dalton-babies-his-receivers/ca6df3c3-ee40-4c2a-8ab2-08978464e410

jake102

The Colonel said:

As much as it irks me, the majority of Americans have no clue that Ft. Worth is independent to Dallas...Having "DFW" airport probably doesn't help that misconception.

Much like how you never hear about Saint Paul, only Minneapolis.

TCUdirtbag

The Colonel said:
As much as it irks me, the majority of Americans have no clue that Ft. Worth is independent to Dallas...Having "DFW" airport probably doesn't help that misconception.

Folks don't seem to have trouble with differentiating Raleigh and Durham despite their international airport being named Raleigh-Durham Intl.  

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Colonel said:

Somewhat. For games in Arlington some broadcasters or writers will say Dallas.

Has anyone ever said The Colonial in Dallas?

If DFW airport is part of it you would think someone would say, "Andy Dalton was back in DFW this week .."

Frogcrates

About like confusing Washington D.C. with Baltimore - same distance from one another as Fort Worth to Dallas and both smaller in population than Fort Worth.

The Colonel

TopFrog said:

Has anyone ever said The Colonial in Dallas?

Who are you talking about, Jim Nantz?  The majority of Americans haven't heard of The Colonial, either.  Not saying that the airport is the core reason, but it doesn't help the differentiation between Ft. Worth and Dallas.  Non-Texan travelers say "Dallas" when they're talking about being in / flying through DFW...I'm sure they assume it's the same city.

Heck, one of my good friends and roommates after college is from Plano and he always wondered why I said "Ft. Worth" instead of "Dallas" whenever people asked where I was from.

Frogcrates

The Colonel said:

Who are you talking about, Jim Nantz?  The majority of Americans haven't heard of The Colonial, either.  Not saying that the airport is the core reason, but it doesn't help the differentiation between Ft. Worth and Dallas.  Non-Texan travelers say "Dallas" when they're talking about being in / flying through DFW...I'm sure they assume it's the same city.

Heck, one of my good friends and roommates after college is from Plano and he always wondered why I said "Ft. Worth" instead of "Dallas" whenever people asked where I was from.
Texans outside of the Metroplex are about as bad about this as anyone. Probably none worse than folks in and around Austin who, if you say you're from Fort Worth, will respond with "oh the Dallas area." I actually find that most people outside of Texas are more willing to grant that there is a distinction while most people in Texas seem to view it as a petty technicality.

Ron Swanson

I don't know anyone from Minneapolis or St. Paul, but if I did, I would either say that they were from the "Minneapolis-St Paul area" or get more technical and say the actual city.  I would never say a friend of mine from St. Paul is from Minneapolis. 

And I would never say that I'm visiting Dallas if I was visiting Fort Worth.

Now, if someone was from Katy or Plano, I would have no problem saying that they are from Houston or Dallas, because those are suburbs.  Fort Worth is not Dallas' suburb, and anyone who makes that mistake is ignorant, lazy, or an idiot.

Latest posts