• The KillerFrogs

Baylor will play the Frogs

gdu

Apparently there are no plans to schedule TCU and Baylor after this year. That's a shame.

Baylor-TCU games should sell out or close to it, either in Fort Worth or Waco. Both teams are good enough and entertaining enough to get TV attention. Games should be good publicity and good paydays for both schools.
That is a shame. Great games for the fans, not that that matters anymore. I wouldn't expect to see Baylor on the schedule until they think they can actually beat us.

macaroni

imagine that, baylor dropped a road game with smu to keep a home game v tcu, gee maybe it does make sense that if you have to drop a occ game you do one on the road instead of at home, pure genius :blink:

Or in Tech's case you run to UNM and ask them to switch the location from Lubbock to NM and then tell TCU that you have to drop them because of an imbalance in home/away games.

gdu

imagine that, baylor dropped a road game with smu to keep a home game v tcu, gee maybe it does make sense that if you have to drop a occ game you do one on the road instead of at home, pure genius :blink:
That is as far as the comaparison between what Baylor and Tech did goes. It doesn't account for Tech adding TXSt or flipping the UNM game or buyouts. But why let stuff like th truth get in the way when you are tring to defend the indefensible.

Sammy11

Baylor made the decision to drop SMU as we are set to play them 5 times over the next few years and I am sure that game will be tacked on in the future. So really we are simply kicking it down the road. We really could have screwed your SOS if we had pulled a Tubberville on you.

NORMLFROG

Baylor made the decision to drop SMU as we are set to play them 5 times over the next few years and I am sure that game will be tacked on in the future. So really we are simply kicking it down the road. We really could have screwed your SOS if we had pulled a Tubberville on you.

Yep. You guys have a history of screwing folks. Rember the SWC? That sniveling Herb Reynolds made the call to Bill Tucker letting him know to check his back cause there was a knife sticking out of it.

Come to think of it y'all could have pulled the ol' "We'll just leave a cancellation message on your voice mail" like y'all did to Selmon and USF. That would have been standard operating procedure for you.

I hope we choke the effing life out of you scumbags in September. Be careful not to slip from the tip of Bevo's crank.

NF

Sammy11

Yep. You guys have a history of screwing folks. Rember the SWC? That sniveling Herb Reynolds made the call to Bill Tucker letting him know to check his back cause there was a knife sticking out of it.

Come to think of it y'all could have pulled the ol' "We'll just leave a cancellation message on your voice mail" like y'all did to Selmon and USF. That would have been standard operating procedure for you.

I hope we choke the effing life out of you scumbags in September. Be careful not to slip from the tip of Bevo's crank.

NF

Pot meet kettle. You have ditched SMU and Rice twice and moved alone.

We stowed away on a ship that was leaving with or without us. How exactly did we motivate UT and ATM into leaving? Thats something we could not stop without harming ourselves and we looked out for our own interests. You looked out for TCU when leaving the WAC, CUSA and now MWC. No apologies neccessary in either case.

Spare me the knife in the back comments. Ditching SMU and Rice twice is as much or more than we ever did. Neither side has anything to apologize for.

Back to the point about scheduling. BU did in fact cancel a game and that used to be standard procedure. I saw a ponyfans thread on it dated in Feb of that year. That would have been under not only a previous coach but previous AD. The current guy (McCaw) was hired Sep 30th and to my knowledge we haven't had any other proposed football games fall through besides the ND deal that tv rights struggles between ESPN and NBC killed.

Baylor didn't "drop" SMU. The 2011 game will be moved to 2017 as the last of a six game series. 3 at SMU and 3 at Baylor. Sucks for SMU, but we can't play 13 games, and the SMU was the easiest to move.

Endless Purple

Pot meet kettle. You have ditched SMU and Rice twice and moved alone.
Not the same circumstances. We left a viable conference behind us. Tech, Baylor, UT, A&M left 4 teams floundering with no good options and relegated them to decade(s) of being labeled essentially minor league by association.

Plus I believe TCU helped get SMU and Rice into CUSA from the WAC.

Latest posts