• The KillerFrogs

Baylor will play the Frogs

BaldingBear

Saw the news where tech has decided to drop TCU from the schedule. I'm proud to say that my Bears will play the Frogs and didn't back out when given the chance. BU has played TCU recently and will step up and play y'all again and that is a good thing. Maybe with the game back in Waco the Bears can give TCU a battle because i'm pretty certain it will be a full house opening day and a great atmosphere for college football. The long and great history between BU and TCU will go on for at least one more year; i'm hoping future games will be added as this really is a special rivalry. Anyway, sorry that tech wussed out on y'all and can't wait until football season again.

mcturner

Great news! If Baylor backed out, we would be in real trouble with scheduling. I hope Baylor gives TCU a decent amount of tickets, and does anyone know where this game will be televised?

michaelperrytcu

Glad to hear it. I think the old SWC provides some great rivalries. We've played out west for awhile now and will soon be in the BE but I like seeing TCU keep to its roots with OOC games. Best of luck.

gdu

Great news! If Baylor backed out, we would be in real trouble with scheduling. I hope Baylor gives TCU a decent amount of tickets, and does anyone know where this game will be televised?
Baylor will give us the same amount they did last time. This stuff is worked out in the contracts.

WAY too early to know where this game will be televised.

West Coast Johnny

Should be a great game. Here's Baylor's chance to end a 26 game regular season win streak at home against a highly ranked, but inexperienced team. Meanwhile Texas Tech will play a New Mexico team that is 2 - 22 the last two seasons.

IronSkillet

Should be a great game. Here's Baylor's chance to end a 26 game regular season win streak at home against a highly ranked, but inexperienced team. Meanwhile Texas Tech will play a New Mexico team that is 2 - 22 the last two seasons.

Man that pisses me off. Couldn't have put it any better

And I'm really excited about this game. I actually really like floyd casey stadium and Baylor fans are some of the nicest and most fun I've been around

NubomTurk

Tier 1
I was going to start a thread on this myself after reading the Startle-Gram article this morning, but BaldingBear beat me to it.

Baylor fans are entertainingly wacky and delusional, but at least they have the stones to play TCU. That's more than you can say for any of the other pansies from the SWC.

Sic 'em! Go win the Big 12! (Although, admittedly, that's becoming a less prestigious accomplishment as time goes by.)

froginaustin

Baylor dropped a game at SMU to accommodate their 9-game conference schedule.

I don't know what the buyout on the Baylor@SMU game was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor could have paid SMU the same or similar money to move that game to Waco.

Waccy Frog

BU dropped SMU because its a road game. Plus, as I posted yesterday, I think BU has calculated that it can survive another loss to TCU, but getting school by SMU would be very damaging to them. Plus, as posted above, lots of potential upside for BU.

freebird

Saw the news where tech has decided to drop TCU from the schedule. I'm proud to say that my Bears will play the Frogs and didn't back out when given the chance. BU has played TCU recently and will step up and play y'all again and that is a good thing. Maybe with the game back in Waco the Bears can give TCU a battle because i'm pretty certain it will be a full house opening day and a great atmosphere for college football. The long and great history between BU and TCU will go on for at least one more year; i'm hoping future games will be added as this really is a special rivalry. Anyway, sorry that tech wussed out on y'all and can't wait until football season again.

minorca-chickens.gif

- The Pride of Lubbuck

froginaustin

Apparently there are no plans to schedule TCU and Baylor after this year. That's a shame.

Baylor-TCU games should sell out or close to it, either in Fort Worth or Waco. Both teams are good enough and entertaining enough to get TV attention. Games should be good publicity and good paydays for both schools.

Gunner

Baylor dropped a game at SMU to accommodate their 9-game conference schedule.

I don't know what the buyout on the Baylor@SMU game was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor could have paid SMU the same or similar money to move that game to Waco.

All the new K'x have 1 million buyout, as did Baylor's.. Tech's was old, I think a much smaller amount.

What a bunch of Tech sissies!

Endless Purple

Good to see the Bears still willing to play. I would bet though, that if it was in FW, Baylor would have kept the Ponies instead of the Frogs. A full house in Waco, helps the bottom line more than, I am guessing, their desire to play TCU.

I do not like Baylor (old SWC rivalry days), but I wish we could keep one of the longest college football series going into the future. Next year I think will be closer than this year, only because I do not expect our O to score as much with a new starting QB and line.

57Frog

I too would like to keep Baylor on the schedule . Someone with some "clout" should email CDC and sy so . I have no clout I'm T-Shirt Fan .

gdu

I too would like to keep Baylor on the schedule . Someone with some "clout" should email CDC and sy so . I have no clout I'm T-Shirt Fan .
Not sure what the point of that would be. If Baylor wasn't on the schedule in the future, it would be their choice, not ours.