• The KillerFrogs

Baylor Nation site

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
They see it as 'a good media plan'.

I see it as 'desperate times call for desperate measures'.

All in the perspective, I suppose.

Riff Ram

Anyone else notice that while Baylor is holding press conferences, adking for political favors, begging for public support and starting new "Help ME!!" web pages---

CU and its officials are saying no comment.

Could it be that they know something the Bears do not? Like that Baylor will never be invited?

713frog

QUOTE(Riff Ram @ Jun 8 2010, 03:33 PM) [snapback]571765[/snapback]
Could it be that they know something the Bears do not? Like that Baylor will never be invited?

i hope so...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Riff Ram @ Jun 8 2010, 03:33 PM) [snapback]571765[/snapback]
Anyone else notice that while Baylor is holding press conferences, adking for political favors, begging for public support and starting new "Help ME!!" web pages---

Like to think so, but the fact is Colorado doesn't have anybody they can strong arm. Baylor's basically trying to twist UT's arm, but Colorado can't do that. They're on an island right now.

sous vide

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 05:06 PM) [snapback]571768[/snapback]
Like to think so, but the fact is Colorado doesn't have anybody they can strong arm. Baylor's basically trying to twist UT's arm, but Colorado can't do that. They're on an island right now.

But from CU's island, they have pretty good hops no matter what happens (Pac-10, AQ MWC, Big 10 maybe even, or status quo). Baylor has one and only one route: stay glued to the longhorns. They get unglued from the horns and, well, Baylor becomes unglued.

desmith03

I wonder if some of the folks at 103.3 can put together a spoof of the High School Musical song, "We're All In This Together," with some extra cheese for Baylor. :tongue:

Phil Snider

QUOTE(Riff Ram @ Jun 8 2010, 08:33 PM) [snapback]571765[/snapback]

That is a great point and one that I have really been curious about. All the CU administration says is " No Comment " on everything. Hopefully they are being sly because they know things are going to work out for them.

I just don't think I can handle it if Baylor gets into a good conference by begging again. They are like the worst employee at your office that gets promoted because he kisses the bosses [Deleted]. It's unbelievable that this could work out for them again!

Mike Brooks

Very funny stuff. UT is making Gaylor wear whatever they want and get into any position they want. In the end, after they have had their way and completely spent, they will simply say SORRY! THE PAC SAYS NO! THANKS THOUGH.

I am glad we aren't begging in all honesty. Have some pride in being able to go alone.

Frogo

QUOTE(peacock @ Jun 8 2010, 09:57 PM) [snapback]571789[/snapback]
actually i have to give them credit...at least they are doing something...unlike Frank and Bill in 94

Ha! Point well taken.

Frog89

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 03:36 PM) [snapback]571768[/snapback]

If the Pac-10 has its say, it's Colorado all the way. Unlike Baylor, that liberal school will fit right in. I'm not buying this Baylor or bust thing from the other Texas teams. I can't believe that Texas or A&M would care one way or the other if the 6th team is Baylor or Colorado. If that's the case, then I think Baylor is the one on the island. In 94, they had a little better football product coming out of the SWC, so I think that helped to make that political decision a little easier. Right now, they have nothing to sell on the football field. Mens and womens hoops won't do it. Therefore, I think it may be the end of the road for Baylor very soon.

micahjh

QUOTE(peacock @ Jun 8 2010, 03:57 PM) [snapback]571789[/snapback]
actually i have to give them credit...at least they are doing something...unlike Frank and Bill in 94

I disagree with this sentiment. We didnt deserve the Big XII invite back then, and really neither did Baylor. They begged their way in, but where has it gotten them? They are still begging. Meanwhile, we took our medicine and rebuilt the whole school. Now we are on much stronger ground than those beggards down in Waco. We were better off in the long run not to resort to back room deals, and just take what we deserved. Beggards never win.

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jun 8 2010, 03:40 PM) [snapback]571774[/snapback]
But from CU's island, they have pretty good hops no matter what happens (Pac-10, AQ MWC, Big 10 maybe even, or status quo). Baylor has one and only one route: stay glued to the longhorns. They get unglued from the horns and, well, Baylor becomes unglued.

This is true. They'd likely be on the outside for MWC expansion, and there isn't a guarantee the CUSA will have a spot ( I still think that is the most likely destination, if the PAC-10 falls through for them). Worst case scenario, they could be WAC bound as a travel partner for La Tech. I'd probably promise UT half of my revenue for the next decade in exchange for a PAC-10 tag along.