• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Predictions

Francis Xav

I know we are in the thick of football talk, but I saw Rothstein tweet how he thinks TCU is #10 in the Big 12. Things are quiet but I believe we have assembled pretty good , though unbalanced, talent.

Generally curious if anyone has heard any information on the team. Sounds like we will be ramping up tempo to combat our lack of size so I am guessing we finish closer to the middle. If Bane Fuller and Nembhard use their athleticism on Defense, maybe we do better. We were kinda undersized last year too and I believe we actually have more overall talent.

Any thoughts?

Eight

I know we are in the thick of football talk, but I saw Rothstein tweet how he thinks TCU is #10 in the Big 12. Things are quiet but I believe we have assembled pretty good , though unbalanced, talent.

Generally curious if anyone has heard any information on the team. Sounds like we will be ramping up tempo to combat our lack of size so I am guessing we finish closer to the middle. If Bane Fuller and Nembhard use their athleticism on Defense, maybe we do better. We were kinda undersized last year too and I believe we actually have more overall talent.

Any thoughts?

does anyone know if there is any chance for ledee or easley to play this year?

otherwise the 2019-20 team projects to be thin up front with one confirmed scorer on the perimeter and the rest are unknowns until the real games start.

Francis Xav

I honestly think we will be more than fine. Not world beaters, and having Ledee would help alomg with Easley, but our guards have been upgraded. Depends on how we play. If Diante Smith can fill JDs role, then not much changes tbh.

MTfrog5

Any thoughts?
I saw Kendric Davis likes his prediction. Hope Samuel is able to pin all his layups against the backboard in a couple years

Rose Bowl

does anyone know if there is any chance for ledee or easley to play this year?

otherwise the 2019-20 team projects to be thin up front with one confirmed scorer on the perimeter and the rest are unknowns until the real games start.

Unfortunately both guys will have to sit out this season. Easley is going to be really good but this roster probably needs Ladee more.

Eight

Unfortunately both guys will have to sit out this season. Easley is going to be really good but this roster probably needs Ladee more.

that is unfortunate as i fear the frogs could use some size when they get into conference play.

agree with francis that on paper the incoming freshman are very athletic and appear to have a great deal of upside.

i think it will be interesting to watch who steps forward and how things fit together over time .

Skip Jansen

I honestly think we will be more than fine. Not world beaters, and having Ledee would help alomg with Easley, but our guards have been upgraded. Depends on how we play. If Diante Smith can fill JDs role, then not much changes tbh.

Agree 100%. Diante and Farabello are going to get thrown in the fire early. I think the expectation is Diante getting 20-25 min/gm mostly at the 4 and Farabello getting the same or more at PG. The fan base is really going to like both of these kids. Fuller will be a factor as well. There just isn't as big of a need at his position.

The talent level has definitely gone up but the experience level has dropped. Let's hope talent wins out. I think the lack of experience is why the staff is looking at (2) "secret scrimmages" this year. You didn't hear it from me but, Mississippi St. and Washington.... like I said, you didn't hear it from me.

Last edited:

Eight

Agree 100%. Diante and Farabello are going to get thrown in the fire early. I think the expectation is Diante getting 20-25 min/gm mostly at the 4 and Farabello getting the same or more at PG. The fan base is really going to like both of these kids. Fuller will be a factor as well. There just isn't as big of a need at his position.

The talent level has definitely gone up but the experience level has dropped. Let's hope talent wins out. I think the lack of experience is why the staff is looking at (2) secret scrimmages this year. You didn't hear it from me but, Mississippi St. and Washington.... like I said, you didn't hear it from me.

damon-payphone_wide-d4d9f51cd9ca1790cc9af5007d8e65c40f64b4f5-s800-c85.jpg

Rose Bowl

This will definitely be the most athletic team Dixon has had here. I’m intrigued by Pearson more than anyone we have because he’s a pure mystery as to what he brings to the team.

I think there’s a good chance that Easley is going to be our best player next season. He’s athletic, a good ballhandler and a very good scorer at all three levels. He and Fuller should be a formidable duo next season.

Rose Bowl

The talent level has definitely gone up but the experience level has dropped. Let's hope talent wins out. I think the lack of experience is why the staff is looking at (2) "secret scrimmages" this year. You didn't hear it from me but, Mississippi St. and Washington.... like I said, you didn't hear it from me.

Skip may have better knowledge than me but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fuller play point a lot this season. Fuller is easily the best player to come in for this season and I believe that he will get plenty of opportunity to show what he can do.

Skip Jansen

This will definitely be the most athletic team Dixon has had here. I’m intrigued by Pearson more than anyone we have because he’s a pure mystery as to what he brings to the team.

I think there’s a good chance that Easley is going to be our best player next season. He’s athletic, a good ballhandler and a very good scorer at all three levels. He and Fuller should be a formidable duo next season.

Pearson is going to be a good player. He will get some minutes at the 4. He just doesn't have the ability to stretch the floor like Smith can.

I agree with you about Easley. He and Smith will be able to interchange at the 3/4 spots. Will give the coaching staff an incredible amount of versatility and match-up options.