• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU @ UTA - April 18, 2018

TooColdU

We manage to get their pitcher to throw 32 pitches in the 1st inning but only score 1 and leave the bases loaded. Frogs up 1-0.

Pharm Frog

Frogs avoid scoring none after bases loaded with no outs by getting a two-strike, two out HBP of Balta to plate one run and then Landestoy comes through with a high spinning chopper up the middle for a 2 RBI single. Frogs lead 8-1. Sloan takes the mound.

Pharm Frog

Error on Shepherd leads off the inning followed by a Mav single. Shepherd sure does seem to have a tendency to play the position backing up which ties him up quite a bit.

Pharm Frog

I don’t really understand taking Russ out - he is never going to build past 4 if we don’t let him try and an 8-1 game seems like a good place to start

I really don't understand playing CW at first base over RL. Landestoy was good enough at 1B last season to be a defensive replacement for CW in late inning situations. He must be considered the better defensive first baseman of the two and both bats are in the lineup anyway. Don't get it.

flyfishingfrog

I really don't understand playing CW at first base over RL. Landestoy was good enough at 1B last season to be a defensive replacement for CW in late inning situations. He must be considered the better defensive first baseman of the two and both bats are in the lineup anyway. Don't get it.
I think it has something to do with Landestoys shoulder but that is just my guess

TooColdU

UTA scores 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Frogs lead 9-6 going to the 9th.

Rizer scores triple then an error on the throw to 3rd allows him to score. 10-6 now.