• The KillerFrogs

B12 splits money more equally

mtmedlin

I know better then to feed the troll....its so hard....

UGH, you couldnt be more incorrect. There is NO talk with Missou as we speak. The BE makes less then $4 million per school for the next 2 years. MISSOU ISNT LEAVING. Their about to be making over $13 -$15 million. Even when we do get our new contract, it will be for maybe a little more and then they will miss out on the new B12 contract that comes in 2016, AND have to pay over $10 million to leave. No matter how many times you put it in bold, it doesnt mean its coming true.

And if AtM does decide to go...theyll just offer Arkansas (who I think will turn them down) and then they can offer Florida State, Georgia Tech, or Lousiville. Their new contract will be worth about $20 million or more and Florida State and Georgia tech are stuck in the ACC at $11.9 million. You dont think one of them will say yes, then Texas and the crew continues on like nothing happened.

The BE isnt in any position to offer anybody anything right now. The best offer we have is a little less then $11 million a year. Everything else is speculative and University presidents dont switch conferences on speculation. Do I think the BE is going to get more money then the ACC...YEP, but were not going to beat the contract that the B12 gets in 2016 and that is why the ONLY way realignment happens is if the B10, NOT THE SEC, makes a move.
The B10 has a new contract in 2016 also...whereas the SEC has a SET PRICED CONTRACT...SET PRICED. In other words Angst, if they add more people before 2025 then they have to split what they are getting by the number of people they add. The SEC has no incintive to add teams. If the B12 is going to get raided, it will happen from the B10. the B10 wants AAU Universities. there are 4 in the B12. Texas, AtM, Missou and Kansas. Texas isnt going...the other three "could" happen. If they do, it doesnt help the BE at all, cause we dont want Baylor...though, even tough I am not a fan Iowa St has a good market (not great) and averages over 45K home attendance.

I hope a little logic might help...but I doubt it.

AggieAngst

I hate to feed a known troll but here goes -

1) You have no concept or understanding of what is being discussed with FUTURE potential Big East revenues.
Once again you used your retarded comparison of CURRENT Big East revenues compared to FUTURE Big 12 revenues.
That is not what is being discussed. You aint got the first clue what is going on TONTO !!!!

2) You have no idea what the best offer for the Big East is. You also fail to mention that the Big East walked away from the low offer they just got and there is a very high liklihood that the Big East is going to get a "MEGA-DEAL" to not only exceed the ACC deal but perhaps rival some of the other conf deals. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF DEAL THE BIG EAST WILL GET AND IT MAY VERY WELL BE A MONSTER DEAL. Nice try at minimizing the Big East and maximizing your silly opinion of what the Big 12 "might" get.

3) Missouri has had two confirmed sessions with the Big East just this year, and there have been posts and statements by folks in the Mizzou camp stating that a third has occured recently.

4) The Big East basketball deal is being talked about as yet another MONSTER deal involving the # 1 college basketball league in the country.

5) YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ABOUT - future - BIG EAST TV DEALS !! All the TV deal talks concerning the Big East are based on deals that could be made with NEW MEMBERS in the Big East, dunce, not with current members only !! How many times do you need to be told that? Geeeeezz some people are retarded !!

6) Tier 1 Big 12 rights may not be all they are cracked up to be in future and may not be the great revenue you and some Big 12 folks think they may be.

A Big East with Kansas, Mizzouri and Kansas St added, would command a TV deal that would far far exceed the ACC and would be deal that would rival any TV deal in by any conf in the nation. And that is only in FOOTBALL !! In basketball, a conf that included all the current Big East teams with Kansas, Mizzou and Ksu added would command the biggest most astounding college basketball TV deal ever imagined by mankind. That deal would be stunning. And Mizzou and Kansas were informed of what those numbers might be. And there is very little difference between those numbers and any of the CRAPOLA numbers you are posting about the Little 12.

So please try to keep up. It is tiring trying to constantly educate someone who is clueless and has his head buried in the sand.

I know better then to feed the troll....its so hard....

UGH, you couldnt be more incorrect. There is NO talk with Missou as we speak. The BE makes less then $4 million per school for the next 2 years. MISSOU ISNT LEAVING. Their about to be making over $13 -$15 million. Even when we do get our new contract, it will be for maybe a little more and then they will miss out on the new B12 contract that comes in 2016, AND have to pay over $10 million to leave. No matter how many times you put it in bold, it doesnt mean its coming true.

And if AtM does decide to go...theyll just offer Arkansas (who I think will turn them down) and then they can offer Florida State, Georgia Tech, or Lousiville. Their new contract will be worth about $20 million or more and Florida State and Georgia tech are stuck in the ACC at $11.9 million. You dont think one of them will say yes, then Texas and the crew continues on like nothing happened.

The BE isnt in any position to offer anybody anything right now. The best offer we have is a little less then $11 million a year. Everything else is speculative and University presidents dont switch conferences on speculation. Do I think the BE is going to get more money then the ACC...YEP, but were not going to beat the contract that the B12 gets in 2016 and that is why the ONLY way realignment happens is if the B10, NOT THE SEC, makes a move.
The B10 has a new contract in 2016 also...whereas the SEC has a SET PRICED CONTRACT...SET PRICED. In other words Angst, if they add more people before 2025 then they have to split what they are getting by the number of people they add. The SEC has no incintive to add teams. If the B12 is going to get raided, it will happen from the B10. the B10 wants AAU Universities. there are 4 in the B12. Texas, AtM, Missou and Kansas. Texas isnt going...the other three "could" happen. If they do, it doesnt help the BE at all, cause we dont want Baylor...though, even tough I am not a fan Iowa St has a good market (not great) and averages over 45K home attendance.

I hope a little logic might help...but I doubt it.

Endless Purple

76% is split evenly, the rest is split according to a formula. that formula isnt enough for them to get the necessary amount to reach $20 million. Then again, that might have changed. Dont get me wrong, I hope like crazy that the Big 3 take the full amount. I want to see Kansas, K st and Missou screwed to the wall...so they will come to the BE.

The thing is, I think that the B12 would then go after ACC teams. Adding Florida St, Georgia Tech and BYU makes them just as strong and would leave the ACC vulnerable to the BE picking up a few more teams...but I doubt that Texas is dumb enough to totally screw them, knowing sooner or later they will leave.
Do you know what that formula is?

AggieAngst

Helll no he doesnt know what the FORMULA is !! He is fabricating most of what he is posting and comparing CURRENT Big East revenues to FUTURE Big 12 revenues (giving the Big 12 the benefit of future higher revenues, while not giving the Big East the benefit of future or potential future revenues).

In addition he is intentionally acting "STUPID" even though he has been told over and over and over again that the Big East is talking to TV media about what the Big East Conf POTENTIAL FUTURE REVENUE would be if Kansas, Missouri, and Kansas St were added to the league. That money would be very very close to Big 12 money, and added to a POTENTIAL FUTURE DEAL in basketball also (with Kansas, Mizzou and Ksu in the league), the total POTENTIAL FUTURE Big East money after it is all added up, would be comparable to Big 12 money.

In addition, Mizzou believes they can no longer compete in the Big 12 (in the long term) with the Texas Longhorns considering the money differential. Mizzou believes money is power, and the Texas Longhorns will have a clear and enormous financial advantage in the future over all the Big 12 North Div teams.

The writing is on the wall. Mizzou, Ksu and Kansas are falling behind Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M and they will never ever catch up and they know it. Mizzou really wants to be an equal partner in their league, not a permanent 2nd class citizen. If Mizzou can be convinced a move to the Big East can POTENTIALLY IN THE FUTURE, be anywhere near "similar" to the Big 12, then Mizzou is likely to leave. They want out !!

And if Mizzou leaves the Big 12 what do you think that would do to the Big 12 TV deal next time around? Answer: It would decline dramatically !!

The spectre of Mizzou leaving the Big 12 for the Big East isnt very far fetched regardless of what some uninformed posters here say.
Numerous Big East Conf POTENTIAL revenue models have been shared with Mizzou.

Who knows where that will lead but Mizzou is still eagerly reading everything the Big East sends them !!

mtmedlin

Angst, you truly are the worst form of back hick retarded troll. I refuse to continue to debate you. You post moronic crap that cant be proven at all. Find me ANY reliable source that shows the Missou has had ANY meetings with the BE. You can post your "sources" and all of them will be internet boards.
I based all my estimates purely on trends of current contracts, whereas you posted hearsay crap that troll use that is on other boards. Simple fact is the BE will not, and cannot match what the B12 will get. We NEVER have.... NEVER.
Feel free to post your studpidity further but I am going to take the advice that I was given when I joined...Dont feed the trolls and you sir are by far the worst.

and before you bash me, take the time to post ONE reliable, well known source to back up your claims. When you cant, feel free not to respond!

mtmedlin

No, I dont have an exact breakdown but unlike the dumbass Angst, I actually base what I say on fact. The formula has to do with the number of TV appearances, so a school who has a breakout season and gets additional games on TV makes more. I dont think its a set percentage. Heres the link:

"The income from all of its TV contracts plus other sources of revenue such as bowl games and the NCAA basketball tournament will result in about 76 percent distributed equally.

Previously, about 57 percent was shared equally and the rest went to schools based on television appearances. The more a team was on TV, the more money it received."

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/03/2925390/big-12-becomes-more-equitable.html#ixzz1OM4Rlhyj

Endless Purple

Unfortunately, you are basing the remainging money to be divided based upon a standard format for TV based revenue distribution. The Big 12 however has UT makeing the calls. Also that quote doesn't clarify the remaining distribution. If there was a promise of some form for $20 mil to go to certain teams to help hold the conference together, I would not simply assume that the remaining amount is going to meet a general formula used by most conferences.

mtmedlin

Unfortunately, you are basing the remainging money to be divided based upon a standard format for TV based revenue distribution. The Big 12 however has UT makeing the calls. Also that quote doesn't clarify the remaining distribution. If there was a promise of some form for $20 mil to go to certain teams to help hold the conference together, I would not simply assume that the remaining amount is going to meet a general formula used by most conferences.

They very well may take the rest in order to go to $20 million a piece but I doubt it. Texas is egotistical but not suicidal. They have the best deal in college right now. If they were to give each of the little seven just $11.4 million, then they know they would be opeing themselves up to being raided. (that number is based off of 76% of $150 million divided by 10) and in the past they have always followed the system that the article described. This is how Kansas has come in so high in revenue rakings. the whole point of increasing the percentage, as stated by the B12, was to close the revenue gap. Now if they took the needed $26 million in order for each of the Big 3 to get to $20 million, then it would widen the gap.
Oklahoma is looking into their network, texas has theirs and I think AtM is arrogant enough to think they will get one also. they will be making plenty of money and if they leave the little 7 too far behind, then they know they will get destroyed.

Also one point that nobody is mentioning but I would be open to someon posting an article that clarifies the issue. I have seen where they said that the Big 3 would make $20 million a year but I never heard it said that it would be from football only. If you take this contract and break it down fairly evenly with added money for TV, like they have done in the past, add in Bball credits and TV revenue and the B3 get over $20 million, and the rest are in the High teens.

Either way, the reports are saying that the 24% is there to promote harder schedules and promote TV time. Thats straight from the B12 commisioners mouth.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_893a9d8d-a238-53e6-8225-61d9d3ba4d99.html

With that said, I dont see how the B3 get to $20 million, unless its total distribution.

The Big East would have loved to have those teams but its just not happening. At this point, I see the ACC as the ones to get hammered. The B12 has an incentive to expand in 2016. More inventory means more money (to a point) and I fully expect them to expand when their 1st tier rights are up for bidding. The ACC will more then likely see at least 1 if not 2 teams taken and I think Florida State will be one. Tell me they wouldnt bring in some cash for the B12 and you know Bebee has wanted to get into the Florida Markets.

The B10 will also expand in 2016 and the ACC will probably lose again. After 2016, I see them being a much smaller, less powerful conference and if the BE has built their contract correctly, with an option to renegotiate after a certain percentage of increase in size is accomplished (like adding 3 teams) then we will be in a great position to pickup some assets.