• The KillerFrogs

B12 splits money more equally

mtmedlin

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6623400

Essentially instead of 57% being distributed equally, it is now 76%...and I think this means that Texas, AtM and OK wont be getting $20 million.

76% of $150 million is $114 million divided 10 ways = $11.4 million each
24% is $36 millon which would require $25.8 million of that money or 71.6% would have to go to the "Big 3", which isnt the structure of how they normally divide the money.

Either way, this makes it even less likely that the BE would ever get a B12 team.

Endless Purple

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6623400

Essentially instead of 57% being distributed equally, it is now 76%...and I think this means that Texas, AtM and OK wont be getting $20 million.
150-114= 36 million additional for the Big 3 or 12 million more each. So they get 11.4+12 for a total of 23.4 million.

Either way, this makes it even less likely that the BE would ever get a B12 team.
might have had something to do with it. we will never know.

Scarface

Conference realignment appears to be over, for now anyway.

In this latest round of conference switching, the big winners were the PAC 10, the Big Ten and the Big East. The Big 12, the MWC and the WAC all got hit hard.

Utah, TCU, Colorado and Nebraska are the programs who gained the most.

Go Frogs!

cdsfrog

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6623400

24% is $36 millon which would require $25.8 million of that money or 71.6% would have to go to the "Big 3", which isnt the structure of how they normally divide the money.

I still think Texas may go independent some day

mtmedlin

150-114= 36 million additional for the Big 3 or 12 million more each. So they get 11.4+12 for a total of 23.4 million.

might have had something to do with it. we will never know.

76% is split evenly, the rest is split according to a formula. that formula isnt enough for them to get the necessary amount to reach $20 million. Then again, that might have changed. Dont get me wrong, I hope like crazy that the Big 3 take the full amount. I want to see Kansas, K st and Missou screwed to the wall...so they will come to the BE.

The thing is, I think that the B12 would then go after ACC teams. Adding Florida St, Georgia Tech and BYU makes them just as strong and would leave the ACC vulnerable to the BE picking up a few more teams...but I doubt that Texas is dumb enough to totally screw them, knowing sooner or later they will leave.

Mike Brooks

any time you are told that "we are going to split revenue MORE equally" it is time to have an HIV/AIDS test for what has happenned to you previously. What a terrible Conference unless you are ut or ou.. So glad for the BE invite.

jstrat

Conference realignment appears to be over, for now anyway.

In this latest round of conference switching, the big winners were the PAC 10, the Big Ten and the Big East. The Big 12, the MWC and the WAC all got hit hard.

Utah, TCU, Colorado and Nebraska are the programs who gained the most.

Go Frogs!

That's certainly debatable. All the Big 12 teams got more money. Big Ten got a non AAU school. Big East didn't get anything.

jstrat

the big 12 is 1 team leaving from a collapse. once people realize how truly pathetic that 2 team conference is, 1 or 2 teams could leave.

That doesn't really mean anything. In fact, each team just got an easier path to the National Championship (No championship game). Worked out fine for the Big 10.

Scarface

76% is split evenly, the rest is split according to a formula. that formula isnt enough for them to get the necessary amount to reach $20 million. Then again, that might have changed. Dont get me wrong, I hope like crazy that the Big 3 take the full amount. I want to see Kansas, K st and Missou screwed to the wall...so they will come to the BE.

The thing is, I think that the B12 would then go after ACC teams. Adding Florida St, Georgia Tech and BYU makes them just as strong and would leave the ACC vulnerable to the BE picking up a few more teams...but I doubt that Texas is dumb enough to totally screw them, knowing sooner or later they will leave.

The Big 12 won't implode until one of the Big 3 leaves the conference. It would be a mess. The Big East would stand to gain Kansas, Mizzou, etc. if this were ever to happen.

The Big 12 is still the most vulnerable BCS conference out there. All it would take is UT to go indy or bolt, OU then bolts to help form the first superconference, aTm, right down the line.

Baylor, iowa State, Texas Tech and even Okie State and Kansas State could all be in a bad place when it would be over.

Go Frogs!

Scarface

That's certainly debatable. All the Big 12 teams got more money. Big Ten got a non AAU school. Big East didn't get anything.

Colorado is getting more money in the PAC 12. Nebraska got away from UT and eventually will get more money in the Big Ten.

The Big East got the biggest prize, the Rose Bowl Champion TCU Horned Frogs along with the DFW television market, you Big 12 wussy.

Go Frogs!

jstrat

Colorado is getting more money in the PAC 12. Nebraska got away from UT and eventually will get more money in the Big Ten.

The Big East got the biggest prize, the Rose Bowl Champion TCU Horned Frogs along with the DFW television market, you Big 12 wussy.

Go Frogs!

Thought we were talking about conferences here, not schools. Also, I hope you were being sarcastic when you said TCU carries the DFW tv market.

mtmedlin

The Big 12 won't implode until one of the Big 3 leaves the conference. It would be a mess. The Big East would stand to gain Kansas, Mizzou, etc. if this were ever to happen.

The Big 12 is still the most vulnerable BCS conference out there. All it would take is UT to go indy or bolt, OU then bolts to help form the first superconference, aTm, right down the line.

Baylor, iowa State, Texas Tech and even Okie State and Kansas State could all be in a bad place when it would be over.

Go Frogs!

I think the B12 will be around a very long time. Texas isnt leaving. There gonna get about $20 million in this tv contract, $15 million for their network and the B12 has yet to negotiate their 1st tier rights. In 5 years, they willl be over $40 million a year. Who else is going to let them have their network and a full payout. USC is arguably one of the top powerhouses in the Pac12 and they didnt get a seperate network but larry scott did say that the longwhore network wasnt a deal breaker, the B10 isnt going to let it, the SEC would laugh at Texas for asking. Texas's current setup makes them more money then any formula.
I dont see ATM leaving unless the B10 takes them. the SEC is on a fixed contract till 2025. Adding a team dilutes there income. The B10 on the other hand has a network and more teams means more money. In 2016 they redo their 1st tier rights, so if a team is added then it doesnt dilute income at that point. I expect the B10 will do their expanding then. I havent seen a single down side to them adding teams, as long as they add value. ATM would give them alot of value in Texas and their network as a whole....then again, if they somhow got Texas to join, I would almost bet they could match the $35 million a year income, but I just see the longwhores as being too arrogant to take it. If I am the B10 I offer AtM and Missou in order to make geographic sense and large markets then go after Maryland or Georgia Tech...with an offer to Notre Dame. If ND says no...again, then go ahead and bring in the other.

In a perfect world I woud love to see the B10 take AtM and Missou and two eastern schools, Maryland and Georgia Tech. It gives them large markets, a southern presence and 4 AAU universities. I personally feel that if ATM leaves and nobody else does, then the B12 will just add a replacement but two teams could be enough to end it all.
In response, the Pac12 says ok to Texas and their network (with condition that they get no Pac12 network money) and Tech, OK and OKst come along (I dont see Ok being able to move with OK St, politics will force them together)
The BE adds, Kansas, K St. and in this scenario, I like Air Force but they would probably look at Iowa St. We then explore the ACC to see if any teams want to make a move, my preference for the final four or five in order would be Clemson, Miami, Boston College, Virginia, NC State, ( I didnt choose Virginia Tech or Florida St because I believe they would just leave for the SEC ASAP....also didnt include NC, Duke or Wake Forest since they suck at football and we would already have a NC presence)

Baylor gets screwed with their pants on and accepts an invite to the MWC, along with Houston, SMU and Tulsa.
CUSA invites Temple, UMass and Iowa St. to replace their 3 that leave.

Virginia Frog

Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech and even Okie State and Kansas State could all be in a bad place when it would be over.
In this scenerio...the MWC would come to the aid of TT & OkSU.

IwSU would be told "too far east" (sound familiar "to far west" Froggies?).

Baylor could join the C-USA (if a spot opened up there, otherwise) or the Sun Belt - their "rival" game would be with UTexasdeNorte in Denton. Justice for those shirt-tail riding parasites (all these years since '95.)

AggieAngst

And.....as usual....you wouldbe WRONG !!

A&M is gonna be highly pizzzzzed off at this arrangement. The Aggots were promised $ 20 million. They stated publicly that if they didnt get the money they thought they would get (which they arent going to get now), then they would "re-examine conference affiliation once again".

No way A&M sits still for this. All their fans are saying "$20 mil or we are gone" !

As you may recall, just a few short months ago, the only reason A&M stayed was because they were told by the Big 12 Commish Beebe that Aggots would get in excess of $20 million annually".

Even with the so called "guarantee" of $20 million (that looks now like a total lie by Beebe) for A&M, the Aggot fans still were 80% in favor of going to the SEC, and they flooded the Aggot Athletic Director with demands to leave the Big 12 for the SEC. The only thing that kept the uproar from becoming a full scale revolt was the promise of $20 million dollars for A&M. When the realization that A&M was lied to and the $20 million for A&M, is finally seen by Aggot fans as the pipe dream it is - then you will see A&M fans in total revolt to either FIRE the Aggot AD, or join the SEC. One of the two will happen, or possibly both !!

My prediction is that A&M is the first team to leave.

At which point TEXAS goes Indy, and OU goes with A&M to the SEC (The SEC wont take Okie St and TTech and has already stated that if they did take any Big 12 teams they would only take 2 and those two would be A&M and Oklahoma).

Missouri is already talking to the Big East as we speak so Mizzou will be the first one out the door for the Big East. Kansas is very likely to follow immediately in the panic of being left behind with no chair when the music stops. KSU will be begging the Big East to take them as a package with Kansas. The Big East will then have to take one more team to make 12 and that additional team would be either HOUSTON or UCF (probably UCF) leaving a vacancy in CONF USA (that Baylor and Iowa St will fill). Tulane is very close to making a decision to drop Div 1 football (and narrowly avoided that fate a few yrs ago when their Board of Regents came within one vote of shutting down Tulane football). With Tulane and UCF gone from CONF USA, two slots open up for BAYLOR and IOWA ST.

TTech, Baylor, Iowa State, and Okie St will be left behind.

I predict that TTech and Okie St will be invited to the Mtn West Conference (TTech is a natural for the Mwc due to the close proximity of Univ of New Mexico). The two additions of Okie St and TTech to the Mtn West would bring them up to 12 teams and allow the Mtn West Conf to have a conf championship game. Baylor and Iowa St would join CONF USA to give that Conference, 12 teams.

A&M fans will go on the warpath as soon as they realize (which should be soon) that they were lied to by Beebe in Beebe's frantic, last ditch, dishonest, desperate attempt to keep the league together.

The Big 12 cant survive. Not a chance in hades they survive more than a couple more yrs (at best).

The Big 12 is a dead league walking ! And every sportswriter in America says the same.
http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6623400