• The KillerFrogs

Awful weather for the Armed Forces Bowl

NewFrogFan

You'd still have to get to the area and walk to the stadium. It's now 11:15 am here and I've walked out in my yard and brother, it hurts! Just too cold. Maybe they'll agree to keep the clock running nonstop for the game.
When I lived in Grand Forks ND the NoDaks would just put on a sweater and pick up the leaves blowing around. Still not sure how anyone lived in a teepee in the winter next to a river in that part of the world. “They” should have given them the place. You have never owned gloves till you get a pair that go all the way up to your neck and an entire beaver sewn on the front part of the gloves, courtesy of the USAF.

Limp Lizard

Galveston does not have coconut trees, either.

Hawaii?

Most of the Caribbean I have been to has more turquoise water. That deep blue looks like Hawaii, also.

Limp Lizard

The '94 Independence Bowl says hello.
That game was in the 40's and rainy. The field and the stadium were awful. Plus the bus I took broke the windshield wiper on the way. Then on the way back a fight almost broke out between some really grumpy TCU fans. I was too drunk to fight.

Poor bus driver must have been exhausted. Six hours to get to the game, had to peer through a wiped area about one foot by two feet.

BleedNPurple

Coach P always said there’s no such thing as a bad bowl game - but tonight’s may break that idea. I’m sorry for this weather for the Bowl. The Armed Forces Bowl puts on a great show and AGC is top shelf. The Bowl, the Sponsors, teams and fans deserve better weather. It’s an excellent match up and hope the winds die down. I’m sure television won’t allow a reschedule at this point.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Coldest TCU game I have been to was against Baylor (maybe the 1976 game) at Amon Carter. Damn that was toe-killing cold. Renfro was raped in the end zone that wasn't called. Would have been a game-winning TD otherwise.

That 1974 Texas game in a couple of feet of snow we lost 81-16 in the midst of a lovely 1-10 year was pretty darn cold too.

The 2015 Baylor game was not a lot of fun either weather wise. Myself and TCU Clint covered a high school game in snow and sleet in Abilene that afternoon then traveled through bad weather to get to Fort Worth. A lightning delay allowed us to make kickoff.

Of course we always stay till the end, no matter the score nor weather.

Last edited:

bouttmk

Galveston does not have coconut trees, either.

Hawaii?

Most of the Caribbean I have been to has more turquoise water. That deep blue looks like Hawaii, also.
Looks like Hawaii but he said it was 11:00am. It is just now 11:13 here. Maybe he's on vacation and time is unimportant?

Showtime Joe 2.0

That game was in the 40's and rainy. The field and the stadium were awful. Plus the bus I took broke the windshield wiper on the way. Then on the way back a fight almost broke out between some really grumpy TCU fans. I was too drunk to fight.

Poor bus driver must have been exhausted. Six hours to get to the game, had to peer through a wiped area about one foot by two feet.
I was on that same bus. Putting a keg on that bus was not a good idea. I remember the bus driver actually pulled the bus onto the shoulder at one point and started walking toward the back while threatening to throw the guys who were fighting off the bus if they didn't stop. His threat worked but I agree with you that the bus trip and the game were a horrible experience from start to finish.