• The KillerFrogs

Austin Aune: What position will he play in football?

pgdaly84

Just curious to see if he's recruited to play QB or will be switching to a skill position or defense. Doesn't seem like he'd be able to crack the QB depth chart with Pachall, Boykin, Brown, Tyler Matthews, and any other future recruits coming during his tenure.

West Coast Johnny

Just curious to see if he's recruited to play QB or will be switching to a skill position or defense. Doesn't seem like he'd be able to crack the QB depth chart with Pachall, Boykin, Brown, Tyler Matthews, and any other future recruits coming during his tenure.

With hard work & practice, he'll crack the depth chart.... oh wait, he'll be too busy playing baseball to practice football.

Rabble Rouser

I don't think Aune can really play any position other than QB. We are extremely thin at QB right now so we need all the bodies we can get. Even if he never beats out Matthews I would assume we would keep him at QB for depth.

FROGDADDY

I'll go with right field.

Gunner

Aune is a very talented QB and will be a factor. There is no guarrantee that Matthews can beat him out. You know he must be highly thought of, with GP sharing his time with baseball.

Go watch his film clips. He has a good arm, is very agile and can run, make plays. He's also 6'3 and can see the field. Shown some good ability to read defenses. That goes along with being tall enough, don't you see. :rolleyes:

McFroggin

Aune has a legit shot of beating out anyone but Pachall in my opinion. Boykin will pass Brown on the depth chart, but with Pachall being the only current QP with PT, QB depth is wide open.

UnderToad

Baylor just moved their 3rd string QB (Trahan 5'11" 215 So.) to LB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/29883/baylors-trahan-from-reserve-qb-to-linebacker

Baylor's post-spring depth chart lists him as the starter.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/depthchart.pdf

oldscribe

No one can look 2 years ahed with any of these kids.......that said, it isn't give-up time yet on Brown, Boykin is a QB all the way and enormously talented, Matthews looks like the real deal but isn't here yet, and all we know about Aune is that he is apparently a fine prospect. And we shall see this year about Pachall, who may turn out great, thank you.

Houston Frog

Agree Scribe… I wasn’t able to make it up to the Spring Game so I haven’t gotten a chance to see Brown in action yet, but I think it’s way too early to throw in the towel on him. He was offered by some pretty legitimate programs, so I doubt he just can’t throw the ball. My guess is he was just lost when it came to the mental aspect of the game… when you don’t know what you’re doing out there and you have to think your way through every play (thinking, as opposed to just acting), it can make you look terrible. It kills your confidence and you feel like you’re trying to run in quicksand.

This is the case for every position, but especially QB.

My suspicion is that’s what happened with Brown in the spring game.

cdsfrog

CP could get hurt, could suck it up you never know. Brown will need to be ready to step in, especially in blowouts. Hopefully he at the very least keeps CP on his toes for the position. Plus he has 1 more year than Casey himself.

Latest posts