• The KillerFrogs

Attendance

froginaustin

Baylorfans.com seems to think the game will not sell out. Close, but no sellout. The tarp will apparently remain on one endzone.

So my WAG is ~45k for this game.

JurisFrog

If this game does not sell out the Baylor should be ashamed. They are coming off their best season in decades and are playing a huge rival and the #2 team from last season. Anything less than a sellout is inexcusable.

Rabble Rouser

If this game does not sell out the Baylor should be ashamed. They are coming off their best season in decades and are playing a huge rival and the #2 team from last season. Anything less than a sellout is inexcusable.

Or maybe their fans aren't as delusional as we thought. The majority of them know this game is going to play out on the field like a snuff film so they are better served watching at home so they can just change the channel when it gets truly ugly.

froginaustin

Or maybe their fans aren't as delusional as we thought. The majority of them know this game is going to play out on the field like a snuff film so they are better served watching at home so they can just change the channel when it gets truly ugly.

Baylor fans have a glorious tradition of leaving for halftime and not coming back. :biggrin:

Houston Frog

Most every Baylor fan I know in real life is not delusional. In fact, they all seem to know they suck, they expect to be disappointed, and most of them don't even really get excited for football season.

It's only on the internet where I see all the delusional Baylor fans. Sometimes I have to remember not to base my entire opinion of a school on their internet fan base.

FrogsMcGee

I think having the game on Friday night makes it less likely that all fans that would typically go to this game on a Saturday will be able to make it to Waco in time for this game. Because of this, I think attendance will be about 40,000. I'm more interested in how many TCU fans will be there. 7,000?

edit: 7,000 seems too low. Surely at least 2/3 of our season ticket holders can make this trip. If we have 21,000 season ticket holders to date, then I think it's within reason to think 14,000 of them head down to Waco plus 2,000 students = 16,000. Is that overly optimistic?

jake102

Most every Baylor fan I know in real life is not delusional. In fact, they all seem to know they suck, they expect to be disappointed, and most of them don't even really get excited for football season.

It's only on the internet where I see all the delusional Baylor fans. Sometimes I have to remember not to base my entire opinion of a school on their internet fan base.

Most of the ones I know are similar... except the fans I came across at the game last year. Even at the end of the game when we had in our athletic trainers, they would do the stupid claw thing when Baylor got a first down and act like the game was still going on and they had a chance to win it.

Endless Purple

Most of the ones I know are similar... except the fans I came across at the game last year. Even at the end of the game when we had in our athletic trainers, they would do the stupid claw thing when Baylor got a first down and act like the game was still going on and they had a chance to win it.
What's wrong with supporting their team when they are down? Should they all pack up and leave as soon as they realize they can't win?

Kaiser

16k seems very optimistic to me. I hope to be proven wrong though.

2 season ticket holders from Houston on this end who won't be going because of the Friday kickoff. I'll be taking off work early Friday just to make it in front of a TV by kickoff.

I think having the game on Friday night makes it less likely that all fans that would typically go to this game on a Saturday will be able to make it to Waco in time for this game. Because of this, I think attendance will be about 40,000. I'm more interested in how many TCU fans will be there. 7,000?

edit: 7,000 seems too low. Surely at least 2/3 of our season ticket holders can make this trip. If we have 21,000 season ticket holders to date, then I think it's within reason to think 14,000 of them head down to Waco plus 2,000 students = 16,000. Is that overly optimistic?

frogbyproxy

I would hope if TCU can get nearly half of the Rose bowl seats that at least 14,000 would make it to Waco. The start of the season sets the tone for the rest of the year! So to all the couch potatoes get up and take a drive! It's time for some football!

HoustonHornedFrog

I would hope if TCU can get nearly half of the Rose bowl seats that at least 14,000 would make it to Waco. The start of the season sets the tone for the rest of the year! So to all the couch potatoes get up and take a drive! It's time for some football!

New Years Day at the Rose Bowl against Big 10 Champ Wisconsin v. Friday night at Floyd Casey against Big 12 doormat Baylor

Sorry, hard to see how you can draw any thing from the TCU attendance at a once in a lifetime shot at going to the Rose Bowl to a season opener in Waco. I hope we have a good showing, but the two things just don't have any relationship to one another.

frogbyproxy

New Years Day at the Rose Bowl against Big 10 Champ Wisconsin v. Friday night at Floyd Casey against Big 12 doormat Baylor

Sorry, hard to see how you can draw any thing from the TCU attendance at a once in a lifetime shot at going to the Rose Bowl to a season opener in Waco. I hope we have a good showing, but the two things just don't have any relationship to one another.

Oops sorry! Was just trying to get a few people out of the chairs for the game. There is no way to compare the two but like I said it's the first game and it does set the tone for the rest of the year. Maybe, just maybe the once in a life time event can be repeated. :tongue: Just like the 100 year floods we used to get every other year. :blush:

FrogsMcGee

One game was once in a lifetime, but it was 2 time zones away during holiday season. You get a boost from it being once in a lifetime, but the travel cost also prevented a lot of people from coming. For Baylor, it's certainly not anywhere close to once in a lifetime, but it's just down I-35. I would think the reduced attendance spike from the rarity of the game would be somewhat offset by the proximity.

Latest posts