• The KillerFrogs

Athlon Sports: Fans React To College Football's One-Hit Wonder After Another Disappointing Loss

Big Frog II

We will beat Baylor, but that's it. It would take a miracle to beat Texas or Oklahoma. We must change our defense for next year, and have a veteran QB ready to play that can hit an open receiver and throw a deep ball accurately. Our receivers are frustrated. I can see why.

Froggy Style

Dykes spent a lot of money and had high hopes for Gillespie and most coaches don't like to fire a coordinator that he brought in and lauded. But this may be one of those instances. The defense looks confused, like this is their first game under this system. A lot of position coaches are also probably to blame.

If Dykes doesn't "know football" then GP knows less than my granddaughter. Two in a row at ACS against GP. He had done well wherever he has gone, except for California.
The game passed GP by in 2017. Sonny beating him is like bragging that someone out schemed Gillespie. They both suck and deserve to be sitting on the couch.

One hit wonder?

Year...........final ranking
2022 ......... 2
2017 ......... 9
2015 ......... 7
2014 ......... 3
2011 ......... 11
2010 .........2
2009 ......... 6
2008 ......... 7
2006 .......... 22
2005 .......... 11
2003 ......... 25

7 top 10 finishes (9 top 11) and 11 top 25 finishes in the past 20 years. Nobody in the state of Texas can claim that.

One hit wonder my ass. So sick of these lazy writers.

Frogs1983

The Horned Frogs play their next two games at Amon Carter versus Texas and Baylor and can rescue their season by beating both.

I hope the fans keep their tickets and show up to support and help energize the team to a big upset over Texas in this final Horns/Frogs matchup. A significant number of TCU fans selling their Texas and Baylor tickets suggests TCU doesn’t deserve a Power 4 team.
TU gonna curbstomp this team next Saturday!

Sangria Wine

One hit wonder?

2022 ......... 2
2017 ......... 9
2015 ......... 7
2014 ......... 3
2011 ......... 11
2010 .........2
2009 ......... 6
2008 ......... 7
2006 .......... 22
2005 .......... 11
2003 ......... 25

7 top 10 finishes (9 top 11) and 11 top 25 finishes in the past 20 years. Nobody in the state of Texas can claim that.

Dykes is the one hit wonder.

LisaLT

His teams have always been the same, good offense and bad defense. That Louisiana Tech team put up 57 on the Johnny Manziel A&M team in 2012 but gave up 59 in the loss.

The problem is this year the offense is not very good so it can't bail out the even worse defense.

The WR group might be the most disappointing. We have no go-to receiver. No one who can stretch the field and catch a deep ball. When was the last time we completed a deep ball? It's weird because all we hear about every offseason is what a great group of WR recruits are coming in.
Some of the deep ball attempts I saw by Hoover were WAY off target.

vicarfrog

One hit wonder?

2022 ......... 2
2017 ......... 9
2015 ......... 7
2014 ......... 3
2011 ......... 11
2010 .........2
2009 ......... 6
2008 ......... 7
2006 .......... 22
2005 .......... 11
2003 ......... 25

We deserve every bit of that article’s title.

tetonfrog

The Horned Frogs play their next two games at Amon Carter versus Texas and Baylor and can rescue their season by beating both.

I hope the fans keep their tickets and show up to support and help energize the team to a big upset over Texas in this final Horns/Frogs matchup. A significant number of TCU fans selling their Texas and Baylor tickets suggests TCU doesn’t deserve a Power 4 team.
This is BS. The team has quit on us, but you expect us to keep fighting for them.

PineyWoodsFrog

Last year we were statistically average or worse in every category on both sides of the ball except two: turnover margin and explosive plays. That was the formula, and it worked spectacularly. Without the players who made those things happen, what the 2023 Frogs were left with is just the mediocre or worse statistical performance in every other category.
Kel was also money last year. He was either keeping us in ball games to give us a chance to win at the end, giving us the lead, extending leads from 1 score to 2 scores, or just flat-out hitting game-winners.

PineyWoodsFrog

One hit wonder?

2022 ......... 2
2017 ......... 9
2015 ......... 7
2014 ......... 3
2011 ......... 11
2010 .........2
2009 ......... 6
2008 ......... 7
2006 .......... 22
2005 .......... 11
2003 ......... 25

Only CFP matters now. Nobody cares about anything else. We didn't even care about losing the Big 12 Championship.

ShreveFrog

Like the last interception. I think Robinson tried to settle in space in deep zone coverage while Hoov threw in anticipation that Robinson would keep running.
Previous interception that was so costly I think should’ve been a run against a 6-man front Tech showed (RPO.) I think that’s what Briles was talking to Hoov about.
Or I could be wrong about all this.