• The KillerFrogs

Athlon Preseason Magazine = No Good

During coaching change season when his name is brought up, I've heard Patterson quoted as saying something to the effect of "they don't know how good I have it here". I think BCS middling schools are surprised when he is tougher to get than the low hanging fruit that a lot of non-AQ coaches around the country are. The TCU position really has developed into a great coaching gig with a lot of advantages.

Trelvis

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 1 2010, 07:42 PM) [snapback]566784[/snapback]
The only factor that matters... a$k patter$on how many dollar$ he earn$ $ince he'$ been the coach here. Guarantee you he's not 60th-best in terms of pay.

Im sure the thing that put the TCU Coaching job lower than others is the BCS factor. If its not because TCU isnt in the BCS then I dont know what it is. There is pressure to win but not ridiculous like Alabama, USC, etc...TCU has great facilities, in a recruiting hot bed and I would sure as hell rather live in Ft. Worth than college station, Norman, Stillwater, etc...those towns are terrible.

Endless Purple

QUOTE(namollec @ May 31 2010, 03:59 PM) [snapback]566415[/snapback]
Phil Steele is targeting June 8 for landing on magazine racks and shelves. I like his take. Used to start his column with "TCU is fast becoming like Va Tech... etc" I wrote Phil last year that we had passed those boys on the football landscape.

So last year's edition now longer started with that catch phrase. I expect that many fans helped Phil refocus his TCU column.

Go Frogs! Can hardly wait!!!!

Phil's is on the shelves now. I can live with his predictions for TCU's bowl game though I would have prefered Bama last year, but would settle for them in NO this year if the title game isn't in the cards.