• The KillerFrogs

Athletic Business: Big 12 Mulls Criteria for Canceling, Postponing Games

HToady

Everything I had planned for 2020 so far, has been cancelled. Two international trips and two concerts.

I am the only person I know with a credit balance on his credit card! I guess that will only get bigger come September...

Eight

I thought they meant the food. I just assumed that’s all that lightweight rowers eat.

she-stepped-on-the-ball-tp_dvd.original.jpg

jake102

Yep that's the first domino. I don't understand why they didn't cancel ALL sports as well. Probably a little different in the Ivy, but football funds everything.

LVH

Ivy League has announced ALL FALL sports are cancelled. First domino of many?

I think so. Stewart Mandel is already trying to shame P5 conferences into folding, saying that it would be bad optics to play when the Ivy League isn't because it would show the P5 leagues care more about money than safety

Congratulations, democrats. You all have successfully ruined sports because you keep insisting this virus is black plague 2.0 even though the stats show its pretty much the flu.

OMG a virus that 99.84% of people survive(and thats including forced nursing home deaths) how will we ever manage

There should be a lot of data at this point from pro sports, and frankly from the college athletes who returned to campus, as to how many of these athletes who have tested positive have incurred anything beyond a mild to moderate illness. Why is this not being discussed if this is about science and data? (This is a rhetorical question). Jimmie Johnson tested positive on Friday of last week and has since tested negative twice and is going to race this weekend. He is a marathon runner and such but is also in his mid-40’s so substantially older than a college athlete.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There should be a lot of data at this point from pro sports, and frankly from the college athletes who returned to campus, as to how many of these athletes who have tested positive have incurred anything beyond a mild to moderate illness. Why is this not being discussed if this is about science and data? (This is a rhetorical question). Jimmie Johnson tested positive on Friday of last week and has since tested negative twice and is going to race this weekend. He is a marathon runner and and such but is also in his mid-40’s so substantially older than a college athlete.
Because common sense and basic logic have been heaved overboard.

Eight

There should be a lot of data at this point from pro sports, and frankly from the college athletes who returned to campus, as to how many of these athletes who have tested positive have incurred anything beyond a mild to moderate illness. Why is this not being discussed if this is about science and data? (This is a rhetorical question). Jimmie Johnson tested positive on Friday of last week and has since tested negative twice and is going to race this weekend. He is a marathon runner and such but is also in his mid-40’s so substantially older than a college athlete.

just wait two weeks and look at the numbers then.................................................................

LVH

LVH

There is no reason whatsoever to continue living like frightened prey animals.

Too many people have been brainwashed to believe this virus is black plague 2.0 unfortunately

I have a friend who him and his wife are very conservative, Trump supporters, etc. His wife tested positive for COVID 19(no symptoms at all) and she is freaking out nonstop worried that her 18 month old is going to get it. My friend says she is constantly saying how she does not want to have to bury her kid.

This is why we don't stand a chance. All of the data shows that kids and babies and toddlers literally have ZERO risk from this virus, yet, my friend's wife is freaking out to high heaven that she is going to pass it to her kid and kill him.

As more and more data comes in it is more and more set in stone that this virus is simply a slightly worse flu, if at that. Yet, no one seems to care.

Latest posts