• The KillerFrogs

Athens Banner-Herald: Smart and Chaney both take responsibility for Georgia’s offensive struggles th

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Athens Banner-Herald: Smart and Chaney both take responsibility for Georgia’s offensive struggles this season

By  Marc Weiszer

MEMPHIS, Tenn.—Georgia’s last trip to the Liberty Bowl in 2010 didn’t produce a Bulldog touchdown in a 10-6 loss to UCF.

Given how the offense went in coordinator Jim Chaney’s first season on Kirby Smart’s staff, the Bulldogs certainly are hoping for more from the unit in Friday’s game against TCU.

“We all can look at numbers and we all can look at statistics and they spell out that we weren’t as successful as we want to be or expect to be at the University of Georgia,” Smart said Thursday. “There’s no hiding around that. He knows that. He and I have had conversations about that. I’m to blame for that, too. I’m the head coach. I’m responsible for our performance.”

Read the rest at http://onlineathens.com/sports/2016-12-29/smart-and-chaney-both-take-responsibility-georgia-s-offensive-struggles-season