• The KillerFrogs

Armed Forces Bowl

WIN

Parking was stoopid. More roads than normal were closed. We had a family event in Ellis County and didn' make it back until near the end of the 3rd. Dropped off the family and headed out to do some shopping when I remembered I still had the tickets I was given. Figured I could get into one of the closer lots with no problem given the time. Nope. Didn't even get to see the lots. After driving around for what seemed like forever I finally came to Lot 3 only to find it wasn't used for parking at all. Cantey, Boyd and Stadium were closed. By the time I found a reasonable spot Army was on their final drive.

Traffic flow must have been controlled by the bowl committee. Was definitely different. Ended up with a impromptu party at the house because of people needing to park. Very impressed with the turn-out.

Brog

Yeah, the parking, traffic control thing was atrocious. Maybe with the location of the stadium and the University right in the middle of a great big residential area there isn't any good solution to the problem, but dear Lord, getting in to the parking lots was a pain. Almost seemed that the traffic officers had as their responsibility slowing down people getting in.

BoydAveFrogFan

For all the people that parked at my house, non have ever been to Amon Carter and with a crowd of 35k, I would assume a majority was their 1st time visit.

Take into account that the main parking lot was for the entertainment area which reduced a big footprint for parking.

When the fans return to leave all commented on how nice Amon Carter is both for viewing a game, navigating stadium for concessions and bathrooms. All were very impressed.

Latest posts