• The KillerFrogs

Arizona player Mathurin needs to be suspended and held accountable for intentionally touching a TCU Cheerleader’s breast on his way to locker room!

Eight

Big 12 where Sexual Assault (Baylor) is not punished and the Refs favor the Big State Schools.

Why wouldn’t ASU and U of A want to join the party?

which conference has taken a hard stance on sexual assault?

heck, which pro league has drawn that hard line?

maybe we should ask some of the prosecutors and officers who post here about how it is treated in general society

Yep, another two pages since yesterday morning. Social media turned this in to sexual assault. What happened is either incidental contact or not. But in this instance I am confident that for the “victim,” it would have been best to write it off as incidental, which no one is going to prove otherwise anyway—that was always obvious. The internet has made our culture too reactionary, and unwise. Emotion clouds thought. Social media has now made this cheerleader feel like she might be a victim. Well done. She would have written it off as incidental. Now let’s see if we can get to page 12 by tomorrow morning.

And if she was my daughter, I would want her to believe it was incidental, and certainly would not want her to feel like a victim of sexual assault, sheesh.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Yep, another two pages since yesterday morning. Social media turned this in to sexual assault. What happened is either incidental contact or not. But in this instance I am confident that for the “victim“, haha, it would have been best to write it off as incidental, which no one is going to prove otherwise anyway—that was always obvious. The internet has made our culture too reactionary, and unwise. Emotion clouds thought. Social media has now made this cheerleader feel like she might be a victim, haha. Well done. She would have written it off as incidental. Now let’s see if we can get to page 12 by tomorrow morning.
I don’t know the “cheerleader” and neither do you. But I’ll bet she doesn’t need your advice.

hometown frog

Yep, another two pages since yesterday morning. Social media turned this in to sexual assault. What happened is either incidental contact or not. But in this instance I am confident that for the “victim“, haha, it would have been best to write it off as incidental, which no one is going to prove otherwise anyway—that was always obvious. The internet has made our culture too reactionary, and unwise. Emotion clouds thought. Social media has now made this cheerleader feel like she might be a victim, haha. Well done. She would have written it off as incidental. Now let’s see if we can get to page 12 by tomorrow morning.

And if she was my daughter, I would want her to believe it was incidental, and certainly would not want her to feel like a victim of sexual assault, sheesh.
That view is such an archaic view at this point in our society. I have no idea of the players intent here. Only he does and he’s saying he doesn’t remember doing it. His intent really isn’t a factor unfortunately. Regardless of what was allowed or tolerated 10-20 years ago, in todays society you have zero rights to make physical contact with anyone else that could be considered unwanted or uncomfortable. Period. Your 70s era view of what’s acceptable has gone the way of the dinosaur….

I don’t know the “cheerleader” and neither do you. But I’ll bet she doesn’t need your advice.
Dog, and hometown, I was not giving her advice, but I was giving social media participants “food for thought.” And you kind of proved my point, by being immediately responsive with a reactionary thought, maybe emotional, that is inaccurate.

Mature men and women should try to keep their reactions and emotions in check—set good examples for the young, rather than fueling fire. We are responsible for the future by how we tutor our kids and young adults—we are mentors. Spoken and written words are at times powerful, never to be forgotten, and best implemented after consideration—we all know that from previous and current relationships.

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

Dog, and hometown, I was not giving her advice, but I was giving social media participants “food for thought.” And you kind of proved my point, by being immediately responsive with a reactionary thought, maybe emotional, that is inaccurate.

Mature men and women should try to keep their reactions and emotions in check—set good examples for the young, rather than fueling fire. We are responsible for the future by how we tutor our kids and young adults—we are mentors. Spoken and written words are at times powerful, never to be forgotten, and best implemented after consideration—we all know that from previous and current relationships.
The bolded part above is exactly why it is important to teach them that it is not ok to reach out and touch random titties. Acting like nothing happened teaches them that reaching out to grab random titties, even in front of a crowd is fine.

Rabidfrog

Have to admit, if that was my daughter, would have already visited the University of Arizona and talked to the player in person.
yes, ask for an interview with him with one U. of Zona official present as a witness. Just ask him if he has anything to say. If he got honest, then a real conversation with some redemptive possibilities might ensue. If he blew it off, just stand up, say, I am sorry you feel that way and leave. Let him and Zona worry about a lawsuit or criminal charges.

hometown frog

I clearly stated none of us know his intent. (Personally I think he was being a jackass trying to kinda showboat in front of the opponents fans faking a high five line and caught the cheerleader in a wrong spot accidentally.). But none of that changes the fact that he did in fact make a motion and touch her in the process. That is not appropriate in any setting. I’m not calling for his head or anything else you suggested. I honestly don’t know what should come of this. But I certainly do not agree w the large population here on kfc that seem to just chalk it up to an innocent no harm no foul moment. Those days are over.

FrogCop19

Hello, University of Arizona student/alum. Welcome to KF.c.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say in those circumstances you've listed (accidentally bumped into someone), did you immediately turn back and say, "Oh, crap, I'm sorry!" or some other acknowledgement that you made a mistake? If Mathurin had turned back and apologized, none of this would be an issue. I would even go so far as to say we would probably be appreciative of his gesture to make amends.

AroundWorldFrog

In some instances I have, and in some instances I haven't, it all usually depends on what is going on at that moment in time and whether I was even aware of what I did at that time. What I can tell you is I have never been in the same situation he was in where he is on a basketball court surrounded by a bunch of people while fans are cheering at yelling at me while I am soaking up one of the biggest wins of my life.

We are literally discussing on Page 10 of a college forum thread if a man should be charged with assault or labeled as a sexual harasser for the rest of his life based off a video that has to be slowed down FRAME BY FRAME and zoomed in just to see whether or not he even grazed the woman. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Mathurin has already reached out to the cheerleader to apologize. He can't turn back time, all he can do is what he has done now.

What else do you want from him at this point?
First of all, if your perception of the video leads you to believe that he was "surrounded by a bunch of people" then any other observation you make of that video is full of [ Finebaum ]. He was not "surrounded by a bunch of people" as you stated. She was the only one in arms reach. And he just happened to "tap" her left breast with a little thumb flick that moves her top. Oops!

All he can do is give a fake apology and hope it all goes away.

Go back to your pickup spot on Speedway.

Last edited:

FrogCop19

If he has indeed reached out to the young lady (no pun intended), and has come out publicly and said something to the effect of "It has come to my attention that as I left the court I accidentally brushed up against a TCU cheerleader in an inappropriate manner. Please understand that in no way, shape, or form would I have ever done so on purpose, and my heartfelt apologies go out to this young lady."

That is what I would want and expect from a young man. If he has done both those things, then I would be OK with it.

**edited to fix an ill-timed typo...HAHA

Anon12345

If he has indeed reached out to the young lady (no pun intended), and has come out publicly and said something to the effect of "It has come to my attention that as I left the court I accidentally brushed up against a TCU cheerleader in an inappropriate manner. Please understand that in no way, shape, or form would I have ever done so on purpose, and my heartfelt apologies go out to this young lady."

That is what I would want and expect from a young man. If he has done both those things, then I would be OK with it.

**edited to fix an ill-timed typo...HAHA
Mathurin has already stated that he reached out to the cheerleader personally to apologize for the incident. He didn't make that apology publicly, he went directly to her to do so. Which I respect WAY more than if he never reached out to her and just did a public apology for show.

AroundWorldFrog

You're going to start arguing semantics now? Offff course you would :rolleyes: "Surrounded by" can be subjective, so I will clarify that I meant that there were a bunch of people in the area, not all necessarily within arms reach, that were all cheering him on and applauding him for his efforts that night. He was clearly taking in the moment. In the videos you just posted, you can also clearly see that he never even looked in the direction of the cheerleader. Have you also seen the video of the angle from the front? If you have, you would see even better that he doesn't look at her.

The man doesn't deserve these accusations, especially from some salty TCU keyboard warriors who wouldn't have even made this into a thing if y'all had advanced.

And again, thank you for showing that you need a slowed down version to even see if there even MAY have been any contact.

And I will go back to Speedway as soon as you go back to crying about how Arizona ended your tournament run :)
lol, ok. You're the [ Arschloch] who came here crying about it. And no, he isn't surrounded by anyone. No one else is within 20 feet of him so your observations are absolutely invalid.

AroundWorldFrog

Mathurin has already stated that he reached out to the cheerleader personally to apologize for the incident. He didn't make that apology publicly, he went directly to her to do so. Which I respect WAY more than if he never reached out to her and just did a public apology for show.
Also incorrect. He went through the TCU athletic department. He didn't go "directly" to her. Keep spewing [ Finebaum ] and you might get something right eventually. Bye bye now.

AroundWorldFrog

Jesus, you're looking for any little thing that you can to argue about aren't you? That Second Round loss really sting that bad?

Mathurin went to the TCU Athletic Department to request her email address, the correct process for doing so in this situation instead of trying to stalk down her social media. He then EMAILED HER DIRECTLY to apologize for the incidence.

Thank you though for acknowledging that you had prior knowledge of this yet still are here whining about it.

Go Away Goodbye GIF
What a scheissing [ muschi ]. I'm looking at facts, not [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

I'm laughing at you for actively seeking out and coming on this forum to cry "SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!" while making wrong accusation after wrong accusation.

“Shortly after returning to Tucson, I was notified that people on social media were claiming a video clip showed Bennedict Mathurin may have made physical contact with a TCU student while walking off the court,” Heeke said in a statement. “I have reached out to TCU’s Athletics Department and I spoke with Bennedict. While he does not recall any contact, he has attempted to reach out to the TCU student through their Athletic Department to apologize.”

From your own scheissing AD [ Arschloch].

froginmn

Says the guy who came to our message board to create an account and scold us for reacting negatively to what could very well have been a sexual assault by one of his players.

And whose players mugged for the crowd, mocked our hand sign and preened endlessly.

Was the second round victory over a nine seed really that great?

Last edited by a moderator: